• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. silverfox

I think my rabbit is dying

I had to just nip to my friends on the other side of the road her offered me some money for the taxi. I left my rabbit in the care of my oldest son who just held her for me. Yet he was crying when I got back, I checked her over and sadly she had passed away. I only nipped out for about 3-4...
  2. silverfox

I have tried to get help, but there is no-one. I can't get a taxi as I have no money to get one, especially to pay for a 10 mile trip. To be honest when I asked for help with friends and neighbours no-one seemed interested, I actually had one say I should just let her die so he could put her...
  3. silverfox

Thanks for replying, I have tried emergency vets but the only problem is the travel. I don't drive and the only person within my family with a car has gone away for the weekend. The nearest emergency vet for me is over 10 miles away. My other 2 rabbits are fine and show no signs of anything...
  4. silverfox

I am not sure what to do, there are no vets open in my area and I think my rabbit Jessica is dying. My son went to feed and water them and brought her in to tell us she wasn't moving. I wrapped her in a warm towel and you can see she is breathing but slowly, every so often she moves her paws...
  5. silverfox

My Rabbit Died

We buried him in the front garden where my son put flowers and planted seeds on his grave.
  6. silverfox

My Rabbit Died

Yes he had all his vacs. My other 3 are fine but last week he had a mouse in with him. They have a large shed built for them that holds 4 large hutches and storage. The door is locked so no other animal can get into them so I don't think it was shock. It was just so sudden.
  7. silverfox

My Rabbit Died

I fed and watered, gave my rabbit a carrot yesterday. He was absolutely fine, no sign of illness yet when I went out today he was on the bottom of his hutch. He had died :cry: from sometime yesterday. Can a rabbit just die:(? I don't know how old he was as he had been abandoned and my friend...
  8. silverfox

What to do

I've been in pets@home when they have recommended that hutch for a small rabbit. The owners of the rabbit may just be uneducated, I would just wait and see what happens. Why not get a brochure with rabbit hutches and runs in them and post to the address, so they think it is an incentive to buy...
  9. silverfox

advice needed...Update pg 21 :(

I'm sorry but anyone that can say they could brick an animal does not deserve to be a friend. If it was my friend I would tell her myself that I would report her to the RSPCA if she should do any such thing. She does not sound like a nice friend.
  10. silverfox

Blood Flecks around Eye

Could she have an allergy, one of mine is allergic to pets@home straw. He suffers bad eyes when he is near it.
  11. silverfox

Pets@Home Club...

I'm a member and my son also and in the last two years they have sent nothing out what-so-ever. They tell you they will send you offers and coupons but I've had none. I e-mailed them about this and they couldn't even be bothered answering.
  12. silverfox

Which Hutch?

I bought 2 hutches from P@H Thistle Hall and another. These have lasted the longest the wood is thick and the hutch is excellent for my rabbits. However I was looking at the hutch you have chosen when I was in on Sat as I want another hutch and the one you have chosen was completely flimsy...
  13. silverfox

Can you have bunnies who are uninterested in having a bit of you know what?

I thought I'd get back to you on this one. Jessica is definitely a boy I have been SPRAYED now every time I go out (I also took her to someone that confirmed she was a boy even through where I got her from declared she was a girl). No wonder there was no babies. They had to be separated as...
  14. silverfox

Those hexagonal pens...

I have the square run, it was for my dog at first then was used for the rabbits. It has been used for the garden and in six months has rusted quite a bit. It does have the the enclosure on top which is brilliant but I dont think they are made for the outside.
  15. silverfox

My cute bunny- but what is he?

I have a black lop and she looks nothing like him. He looks more like my white Satin rabbit.
  16. silverfox

Hair loss with scratches and scabs can anyone help.

Just wanted to let you know that Jessica and Sherlock have been separated now since weekend. Her wounds have already started to heal, she has stopped biting her feet and fur looks healthier. Sherlock is sulking a bit but Jessica seems to have calmed down an awful lot. I have also noticed they...
  17. silverfox

Sage House is it big enough

Does anyone know where I can get some plans.
  18. silverfox

My partner has now told be he is going to build a triple hutch, and replace two of the hutches so that they will have a 10ft hutch. With three levels I can put my rabbits in on each level as there are 3 rabbits. My other rabbit has the next house up from the sage. Which is quite big. Thistle...
  19. silverfox

already have thistle hall I have a satin rabbit in that, but Jessica is half the size of him. She is only a dwarf and very tiny. She will be on her own as I have just removed her from her mate as he was tearing her to pieces. She will have constant exercise in the garden.
  20. silverfox

Is this hutch big enough for a small rabbit, she is only tiny and a year old so wont grow any bigger. When sat she is about 8 inches.
Back