• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice needed...Update pg 21 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naomi&Crumpet

Warren Scout
My mate is getting one rabbit for her 5 year old daughter, she can't afford rent let alone rabbit bills she said there is no need for spaying or netering nor vaccanating. Her daughter hits animals she had a hamster and stabbed it with pencils and put it in a mouse cage and never cleaned it out, The her mother put the cage in a box and left it so I took it in and it was thin and had stab wounds. So this is what will happen to the rabbit.

She came round after one of my small hutches they are 3ft X 1 1/2ft X 1 1/2ft

so if anyone can type and care sheet of some kind trying to put her off please

Omg I think you should have a serious chat with her about just what happened last time and tell her your concerns, be very stern and have a really serious tone, maybe she might back off. Omg stabbing a poor hamster :cry::cry::cry::cry: Poor wee thing.

she doesn't listen the once her hamster needed food after not being fed for over a week and she went and got cigarettes instead :cry:

told her the basics the complex diet, health care, hutch and everything she said if it gets to much she will dump it or brick it :cry: then she said so whats the problem just give me the small hutch :cry::cry:

told her the basics the complex diet, health care, hutch and everything she said if it gets to much she will dump it or brick it :cry: then she said so whats the problem just give me the small hutch :cry::cry:

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil: GRRRR I HATEE THESE PEOPLE!!!!!! My friend said once "I wonder could I take one of your rabbit babies" I said "I love you but no way" "why?"

"ermm u don't have the first clue about how to keep rabbits"
her response?

"true, never mind!" God I wish everyone was like that, maybe if she gets one keeps it awfully :)cry:) you could get the RSPCA involved? Or tell the local petshops about her?

Last edited:
she getting it off this woman where she breeds her rabbits all year and sells them for free :cry: I phoned the RSPCA incase she does they said until something happens they cannot do nothing and they said just hope for the best!

she getting it off this woman where she breeds her rabbits all year and sells them for free :cry: I phoned the RSPCA incase she does they said until something happens they cannot do nothing and they said just hope for the best!

:evil::evil::evil:The RSPCA really don't give a **** do they? ? I guess it's true what they are saying but they should still give like a housecheck or something if someone is very concerned. Do you know the woman she is getting it off? Maybe let her know?

I don't know what to do she was going to get a small dog but then realsise she couldn't afford it, and a rabbit is just the same

Tell her that, let her know how much it costs (I'm sure you have) but really keep moaning at her and maybe she might listen. Remind her how her daughter treated her last pet tell her how cruel it is to neglect animals and maybe tell her that if the same thing happens again you have the right to phone the RSPCA and possibly have her banned from keeping animals. (Not sure if you even can without going to court but she doesn't have to know that)

go to pet shops locally adn tell them about this woman.. discreetly with ap hoto explain about teh cruelty and why a rabbit shouldnt be sold to her.... talk to the managers. i have a care sheet i can email you if you send your addres stho it only has the basics on it.. then get rspca involved if she does manage to find an animal. i dont think i would be friends with someone that did things like that its unaaceptable.

go to pet shops locally adn tell them about this woman.. discreetly with ap hoto explain about teh cruelty and why a rabbit shouldnt be sold to her.... talk to the managers. i have a care sheet i can email you if you send your addres stho it only has the basics on it.. then get rspca involved if she does manage to find an animal. i dont think i would be friends with someone that did things like that its unaaceptable.

She said it's from a private breeder :cry: It is VERY unacceptable so cruel..poor things..

I'm sorry but anyone that can say they could brick an animal does not deserve to be a friend. If it was my friend I would tell her myself that I would report her to the RSPCA if she should do any such thing.

She does not sound like a nice friend.

she isn't I don't class her as a friend but we speak only because of her animals

She really does sound horrible I would let her know that if she gets it you will call RSPCA because she isn't fit for animals due to what happened last time. What little girl likes to stab hamsters? It's sick... I loved my hamsters as a kid

:evil::evil::evil:The RSPCA really don't give a **** do they? ? I guess it's true what they are saying but they should still give like a housecheck or something if someone is very concerned. Do you know the woman she is getting it off? Maybe let her know?

Why should the RSPCA do a homecheck when it isn't one of their rabbits:? It is down to the person giving the rabbits to do that. The RSPCA can go and investigate once a complaint as been lodged but until some situation as been created they cannot go and do a check otherwise all the cruelty cases that get reported would never get a visit.
I would go and tell the woman who is giving the rabbits your concerns and then unfortunately it is up to her and then a couple of months down the line it will be needing a rescue place. You could always get someone you know to phone her as the woman with the rabbits and say that they have all gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back