• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Sarah.J

1. S

Spay - when to panic?!!

After Chloe's spay she wouldn't eat until about 2am when she nibbled on some rocket - she was very, very groggy after her anaesthetic. She had picked up a bit by the next day :) Hope Blue is feeling much better now.
  2. S

Mucky Bum Cleaning

Thanks for the advice :D Went into town today and couldn't find any cornstarch powder so it will be shampoo (will have to order some powder online as think it will be less stressful) No idea what the cause is, I suspect he has just been sitting in his wee and mushy poops and not been grooming...
  3. S

Mucky Bum Cleaning

My bunny Max has a mucky bum! We've been to the vet to get him checked out - all fine (if it doesn't improve or gets worse then we need to take him back in). However, need to know the best way of cleaning it. I don't want to give him a wet bath as don't want to stress him out too much. This...
  4. S

How to correct excessive cecotropes

We are doing a lot better, had a little experiment and stopped the critical care for a couple of days and had 1 excess, gave him some yesterday and there was about 4 excess! So no more critical care for him. Plus I caught him nibbling on some hay the other day, monkey! Ordered him all the dried...
  5. S

Hay I've tried: Different types from the Hay Experts taster pack Burgess Herbage Timothy Meadow (loose and in cookies) Alfalfa cubes Readigrass Fresh hay (not sure of the type) Tried it... in a hay rack, litter tray, lining the dog bed he sleeps in, bowl, on the floor - nothing! Have tried...
  6. S

Bunny Salad Pictures Please?

Chloe and Edward tucking in to their salad They get quite a bit but they are greedy piggies and still munch down a lot of hay!!!
  7. S

My bunny Max constantly has excessive cecotropes. He has had problems with mushy "toothpaste" like poos for a few months but they are now forming into grape like cecotropes - problem is he has a lot of them (about 6 left in his pen). I think he eats a few straight from his anus but the rest are...
  8. S

Rabbit not eating after neuter

Just been through this with my bunny, Max. He got neutered on Monday, hadn't eaten anything by himself when I bought him home at about 5. Tried him with everything (Pellets, critical care with grated carrot, plain critical care, fruit puree and banana) but just wasn't interested. Stayed up with...
  9. S

Rabbit Boarding - Nottingham

Does anyone have any recommendations for rabbit boarding places around Nottingham? Ideally ones they have used themselves so can vouch for care received etc. :D Thank you!
  10. S

Mushy Poops

Thank you so much for all the advice :) My Bio-Lapis came yesterday and he's drinking it all up!!! No more fruit puree!!! :):):):) Still having some poop problems but not as much as before (the majority are normal fecal pellets with maybe only 1 mushy one) so hopefully that will be a lot...
  11. S

So nervous (He's home)

Good luck :) Hope everything goes well!
  12. S

Mushy Poops

I know adding the puree to the water isn't an ideal solution but when you have a bunny that won't drink and adding puree is the only way he will drink enough then you kind of have to do it. He has been getting protexin professional mixed into his water along with 3 1ml doses of Fibreplex daily...
  13. S

Mushy Poops

Little update: Went to the vet on Thursday. He had some more subq fluids and metacam. Changing his diet from Excel to Oxbow Bunny Basics T as well as supplementing with Fibreplex for the next couple of days. He is also eating some curly kale to hopefully help too. His mushy poos have cleared up...
  14. S

Bonding Max into my pair

I'm hoping to bond Max into my already bonded pair (Chloe and Edward). Max isn't neutered but both Chloe and Edward have been done. I already know this will make a difference with bonding him to Chloe (they have met and he has tried to hump her... ending up jumping on her back because he's too...
  15. S

I have been over to Kirkby today..... U/D pics post 17

Ooh... I think I may know the ones you mean :D Can't wait to see pictures of them in their new home! Did you have a peek at the baby bunnies? and yup, Celia is amazing, everytime I go I learn new things!
Back