• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Pipkin

1. P

Blackened broken bone + amputation in old rabbits. UD/ checking how it's healing

Hey guys, thankyou for all your support! Posting for the first time as I'm finally in a state where my hands aren't shaking! It has been a crazy few days and the absolute relief I feel today knowing she's still whole is overwhelming. i actually can't believe that it looks like she is keeping...
  2. P

Just wanted to say a big thankyou to Mr/Ms Mysterious!

Hey guys, When I arrived at my sisters a few days I had a package waiting for me with the cutest bauble of my gorgeous Dexter who passed away at the beginning of the year. I just wanted to say to Mr/Ms Mysterious, thanks so much. Its such a lovely act of kindness and I was particularly...
  3. P

Grim and Smoo - It might be their last day together :( UD Smoo has passed away :(

Wish I could have been there to offer my support. But growing up watching you with Lopsie is what made me make the decision to get Simba. And seeing how deeply and uncompromisingly you cared for Grim is what made me make the difficult decision to take on Dexter. Seeing you give up a lot of...
  4. P

Dexter's dead

Thankyou again everybody for all your replies. It has really warmed my heart. I can see that everyone on Rabbits United are so thoughtful and kind and many of your comments have brought tears to my eyes. Before I left I did my best to make his grave look nice. I am intending to go back in a few...
  5. P

Dexter's dead

Hi everybody. My name is Joanne, I barely post on this forum and hardly keep up to date with it. But it has absolutely warmed my heart and I am sat here in tears as I read all the lovely things you have said about my dearest Dexter. Thankyou so much for everything you have said. He was such a...
  6. P

Dexter is really, really ill

Firstly, Thankyou all for your support and positive vibes! I am going to the vets today to pick up the penicillin injections We tried to flush him out yesterday but only managed to get a little bit through one eye, the other was completely blocked :( I told the vet I wanted to try him on the...
  7. P

any rabbit peopl in the harrow area want to earn some money for 2 weeks in february ?

Hey I am the said sister:) I live in Wembley so I'm right next door. However, I don't have a car and I don't know how far away from the tubestation/bus you are, also I'm a full time student with three bunnies of my own! But I do understand your predicament and although I'm not sure if I would...
  8. P

Bonding attempt number two is going well! (For Sky-O and other nosy peeps)

Hi I thought I would give an update but never go round to it! I have a free moment so I thought I better let you know what happened! Basically everything was going quite well. By the end of the week the rabbits had all settled down and were starting to get used to each other. Licory and Dexter...
  9. P

Another post about toothless bunnies...sorry :P

awwwh, very true! XD But I'm pretty sure he would be a right biter if he had the teeth! Whenever he tries it just feels like kisses :love:
  10. P

Oh and Dexter always dribbles! :P he can't keep his mouth shut properly and usually his tongue sticks out too :lol:
  11. P

My Dexter is a gummy bun and he's not the best hay eater. He never eeeever lets me help him when he's struggling. Maybe its just him, but he always wants to do everything himself, if I cut something up he goes for the uncut pieces - very strange! :p As for keeping teeth down he LOVES ready...
  12. P

Emergency accomodation available in Manchester

Hey just wanted to say that is really kind of you to say such a thing :) I used to live in Manchester and there are a lot of lost rabbits popping up, our first rabbit was a stray. I hope when I have a place of my own I can offer the same! xx
  13. P

Anyone else's rabbit insist on re-arranging there cage after its cleaned out??

.... Simba insists on spreading all the litter-tray around the hutch like a carpet - its her new trick. Every day I tidy it up and every morning its back as she likes it. Very cute, but soo annoying! :p
  14. P

The lovely little Little (for Pipkin and Sky-O)

Yay! I am so downloading these photos to add to my Little collection! :) they came out gorgeous! Who's the best sister ever for getting you such a nice camera? :D And I'm glad you love the updates, we will continue to keep you up to date with Little forever! You'll neeeeever get rid of us...
  15. P

..I'm almost 100% positive Little can smell! o.o

Okay so from today I have started operation slow bonding. I spent a good half an hour brushing Little (which he thoroughly enjoyed!!) I then spent the next half hour brushing Simba and letting her and Dexter smell the same brush and then a further twenty minutes with Dexter half asleep on my lap...
Back