• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by lucyj

1. L

Harly - 2005 to 22.09.12

Harly went to join his brother at raindow bridge today. he's been totally not right since honey, not moving out his bed and barely eating. took him into the vet this morning and vet said he's lost a lot of weight and wouldn't last much longer so it's time to be cruel to be kind. :cry: so hes...
  2. L

Honey - 2005 to 19.09.12

thanks very much xxx
  3. L

Honey - 2005 to 19.09.12

Honey went away to rainbow bridge yesterday, i'm a little bit sad but i know it was just old age and ive had a feeling fot a while it was coming, they had a difficult winter last year and i wasn't sure they would make it through another. just need to see how Harley is now. he was laid across...
  4. L

Snugglesafe a good buy?

I got mine from pets at home and it had a cover with it, but thats seen better days (my snugglesafe actually needs renewed before next winter), so I just wrap a handtowel round it and make sure its covered with hay, suppose it would depend how likely your bun would be to pull the blanket off, as...
  5. L

Vaccinations for 2 bunnies

I am around £30 twice a year to get my 2 bunnies myxi vacced, and around another £40 once a year to get them VHD vacced, so I am around £100, but think it varys from vet to vet
  6. L

Snugglesafe a good buy?

I have 1, I'd def get your bunnies 1 - its the equivalent of having a hot water bottle outside on a cold night
  7. L

Help - Problem with Honey's man bits???

Thanks Rhian, I have beee doing some googling meantime, and read about what u said, that that is his glands, I think the 1 side is normal then as it just had a little brown smelly gunk in it, but the other side is very red and sore looking and has a swollen lump inside it at the very base, and...
  8. L

pps both rabbits have been fixed, so he has no testicles
  9. L

ps there also looks to be a couple of tiny white lumps on the end of his man bit, which I thought were puss, and tried to gently remove, but they are more like spots and I didnt want to poke and prod as it was clearly tender
  10. L

Hi For about 6 weeks, Honey has been gettin repeated urine scalds on his legs, it happened twice - flared up (fur loss and pink sore looking skin), i cleaned him up, it healed, and then it flared up again, (nb the bedding is regularly changed he is not standing in wet bedding) the third time it...
  11. L

fiberplex - soooo stuborn

My buns dont like bananas, must just be fusspots haha. When Honey had to have fibreplex, I just held him between my legs, hand on his scruff, tilted his head slightly and popped it into the side of his mouth, but I had had plenty practice when they had myxi and were getting loads of meds! The...
  12. L

VHD Vac, do you vaccinate against it?

When I first went to my vets with my buns, she only advised myxi vaccs. I said that I had read on here that they should have VHD vaccs also, and she said that it would be a waste as "the disease was virtually unheard of in Scotland, its more prevelant in England", but I persisted and said I...
  13. L

How many members..

I have just the small padlocks on both hutch doors and the run, as we used to have a communal garden and I once caught the neighbours children opening the doors, they were just stroking them, but still, they are quite fast and could easy escape. Now I keep them on as the old lady next door is a...
  14. L

How often do you do a FULL clean out of hutches?

mine are outdoors, do full clean out every sunday - bedding area, living area, run, everything skipped and new bedding in. Then do litter tray as needed through the week, in winter norm is just once through the week as they barely drink/pee in winter, but in summer will do it probs every second...
  15. L

Pellets vs muesli

my two won't take science selective either - but they take excell pellets or tesco's pellets (I think its Wagg its called), perhaps try a different pellet?
Back