• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Koni

1. K

Rabbits and dogs...

My staffy is very good at the leave command. so that has helped at the beginning. my lurcher was frantic and didn't sleep the first two nights (even though the buns are outside) it took a couple of weeks before he stopped dashing to the hutch the minute he could. then i spent a whole day in the...
  2. K

Rabbits and dogs...

My staffy used to love my pet rats and would curl up with them and groom them... now she is trying to do the same with the buns. I keep finding her in the garden doing binkies with Rupert the bun :shock::lol: First she waps her ears and then rolls and prances and then Rupert starts around the...
  3. K

2011 Foraging

mine have not worried about the thorns...
  4. K

Heatwave this weekend...any tips

thank you. i've been giving them a brush every couple of days. will freeze some water bottles for tomorrow :D their hutch is fully in the shade anyway so hopefully it'll stay relatively cool anyway.
  5. K

Heatwave this weekend...any tips

My buns are mid-moult and this weekend is meant to be very hot :? Any tips to help keep them comfortable?
  6. K

A stupid litter tray qu.

i have 2 shallow trays and they get skipped out each day (poos and hay removed), fresh hay and the wet removed. every other day or so i take the lot out, clean and replace.
  7. K

Earwigs in hutch and run??

i keep finding them when i clean out the hutch too :oops::(
  8. K

Do your bunnies rest for longer now it's light all evening?

mine seem very lazy. at 9am when i go to put them in their "run" (which should be called "large sleeping enclosure on the grass") where they mix grazing and sleeping (90% sleep, 10% grazing). they go back into their wooden sleeping enclosure at around 7pm when they have their dindins and then...
  9. K

hay shortage

There's a huge North/South divide for crops/hay this year as we've had enough rain north of Birmingham so supplies/crops are doing fine. Further south things are really down and not looking good. A friend with a farm/livery yard is really worried about how they'll cope for the rest of the year...
  10. K

bunny boarding - Manchester or Essex

laura the bestest place ever is near me (Altrincham).. poshbunnymotel.co.uk the woman there is an angel and had me in tears with her kindness when we first rescued the buns. she showed me round and gave me loads of free stuff to help me (found the buns on a sunday evening!). the place she has...
  11. K

2011 Foraging

the buns have been LOVING the hawthorn. Mingus especially. Rupy loves roses... as in he comes running when he realises :shock: Realising the garden has tonnes so the buns will have a good winter. If anyone is in the Manchester/North Cheshire region and wants to come for a walk with me to show...
  12. K

2011 Foraging

I caught Mingus climbing into the "elder" and trying to eat it whilst I was skipping out their house. He gave me a dirty look when I removed him from it and explained the process of not eating stuff when I don't know what it is. Bunnies are quite norty :roll:
  13. K

2011 Foraging

ivy rings bells! it's not good for buns is it? just googled pictures of ground-elder and it looks the same! is it ok for the buns?
  14. K

2011 Foraging

I have this weed in my garden: What is it and is it bunny safe? Also this (which i'm 99% sure is Hawthorn) And this (again Hawthorn and something else next to it to the left of the picture... what is it?) Any help would be great
  15. K

How to make friends and alienate OH

I'm very aware the bunnies have only been here a month, they are not aggressive (ever!) and will come over (when I have food). But I am so used to the dogs who are affectionate it's quite strange having cute furries that aren't particularly interested in interacting. So... how do I make friends...
Back