• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Alicia

1. Alicia

UTI?

I'm fairly certain it's blood (I took some photos to show the vet but I'm out of the loop and I'm not sure how to upload on here) and I can't see any marks or injuries on her at all, I got my partner to check too just as another pair of eyes and he couldn't see anything either. She's only been...
  2. Alicia

UTI?

I'm fairly certain it's blood (I took some photos to show the vet but I'm out of the loop and I'm not sure how to upload on here) and I can't see any marks or injuries on her at all, I got my partner to check too just as another pair of eyes and he couldn't see anything either. She's only been...
  3. Alicia

UTI?

I have an 11 month old unspayed female, I've noticed a few drops of blood around the shed and her urine is very dark orange/brown. I'm not too worried about her wee but the blood is worrying me a bit, there's not a lot but there's also no injuries on her so I was thinking maybe a UTI? I'm going...
  4. Alicia

Forage in bulk

I'm going through it so quickly! Any suggestions of where to buy forage in bulk?
  5. Alicia

Rabbit smelling of urine

I'm fairly certain she's female, I gave the shed a very thorough scrub last night and things don't smell so bad today, she seems to smell a bit better too. She's booked in for Tuesday, should I try and get her seen sooner?
  6. Alicia

Rabbit smelling of urine

I got a new rabbit a few days ago, a Continental giant. The problem is she absolutely stinks of urine! She's dry, and I've just given the shed a really good scrub and changed all bedding but I'm not sure what else to do. She spends most of her time in the castle (a big hidey house) which I...
  7. Alicia

Female rabbit swollen genitals

I can't upload a photo, but just to add she's vaccinated and I can't see any other signs of myxi
  8. Alicia

Female rabbit swollen genitals

Jelly is on medication which means she wees more, she often will sit in it. I clean her shed regularly and it hasn't been too bad but today it's been quite bad. I've just brought her in and cleaned her up and I noticed her genitals look swollen on one side to me. I'm not sure what they are...
  9. Alicia

Spring fever or something else?

My male, Felix has been quite grumpy the last 2 months. He bit my partner and he regularly grunt and lunges at us (it doesn't seem too bad, I just stay still and he stops by me he doesn't bite or anything (apart from that one occasion with my partner) he just seems very grumpy. He is neutered...
  10. Alicia

Jellys heart issues and sore hocks

Thank you both, I have 2 cats who often follow me into the shed, as long as I keep them out the shed is that ok. Jelly goes in the garden too, if I used the wound spray and then let her in the garden would that be a risk to my cats? I would bring them in Jane but I'm worried about Felix, he...
  11. Alicia

Jellys heart issues and sore hocks

Jelly has a heart condition and is on frusol and pimobendan 3x daily. The side effects of this means she wees a lot more and I don't know if she wees on herself or just sits in it but she's often got a wet back end or smells like pee. She lives in the shed and the floor is non slip lino and she...
  12. Alicia

Shed flooring

I currently have garage floor matting in the shed but despite regular sweeping and mopping it’s never very clean. Jelly is on frusol and pimobendan which makes her pee a lot more. What can I change the flooring to? Ideally something I can sweep and mop
  13. Alicia

Vetline Respiratory food

https://www.miscota.co.uk/small-animals/cunipic/pr-118422 Has anyone tried this? I really want to do more for Jelly but aside from doing bloods (which the vet doesn't think will show up anything) we don't really know what to do. She's got a heart condition and she struggles with breathing...
  14. Alicia

Grunting around food

My rabbit Felix grunts at Jelly when there's food, I think it's grunting. I've only noticed it over the past couple of weeks. It's only when foods around, is he just being assertive because he wants food or should I get him checked in case it's something else? Both rabbits are eating well and he...
  15. Alicia

Readigrass instead of hay

I know it is quite fattening, but both my rabbits are underweight anyway. They will always have hay in their bedding so I guess it's not instead of hay but can I fill their hay racks up everyday with readigrass or should I be careful not to overfeed it?
Back