• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

post piccies of your carriers

Just having watched the link KarenM added the seatbelt/handle design is brilliant. I never put a carrier in without putting the seatbelt round it but my carriers are a bit difficult to belt up properly. I MUST get one of these fantastic carriers :love:

I've got a standard cat carrier for Skye and it doesn't feel half as secure. :? There are two small notches on the handle to slip the seatbelt under but they don't really feel as though they'll hold the belt in place. With the Hagen, the belt goes through the whole handle, so much safer.

I like the fact that the handled is moulded onto the body of the carrier too as it feels much sturdier. I'm always paranoid that the handle will snap off on those other carriers :oops: - not very likely I know but it's one less thing to worry about. :lol::lol::lol:

You can open just one side of the top half (as in the first photo in my link) or also open up both sides, so the top is completely open - that's what swung it for me compared to some of the other top opening carriers as some of them have quite a small opening.

The only real drawback is that, if you open the little front bit (where the food/water bowls go), I discovered that Bubbles can fit through that gap. :shock::lol: But now I know, I just keep it closed.

With Frenchies, the only thing that will do is a dog crate.

003-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

I am thinking of getting a smaller, proper carrier type one so I can walk them to the vet nearby.

How much are the super duper carriers?? the pink/purple/orange ones..

They look fab - I always dread vet visits getting them in the carrier!! :?

With Frenchies, the only thing that will do is a dog crate.

I am thinking of getting a smaller, proper carrier type one so I can walk them to the vet nearby.

Ive got and atlas carrier that is for dogs going to airports so has a handle and wheels. It could easily fit my 4 middle sized buns in so should be fine for your 2 massive ones :lol: You would be able to wheel them to the vets then:lol:

Last edited:
Ive got an atlas carrier that is for dogs going to airports so has a handle and wheels. It could easily fit my 4 middle sized buns so should be fine for your 2 massive ones :lol: You would be able to wheel them to the vets then:lol:
... Oops pressed quote and not edit:oops:

Last edited:
God yeah, Rimmi and Winter have millions of space to spare when they are in there..... even though it is stuffed with blankets, fleeces and socks that have holes in (clean I will have you know...!) They use it to sleep in. :)

God yeah, Rimmi and Winter have millions of space to spare when they are in there..... even though it is stuffed with blankets, fleeces and socks that have holes in (clean I will have you know...!) They use it to sleep in. :)

thanks :love: i might invest - i am starting to think how to get 2 buns in a carrier - i find it bad enough getting one in! :oops:..

surely one will hop out while your trying to catch the other ...:lol:

thanks :love: i might invest - i am starting to think how to get 2 buns in a carrier - i find it bad enough getting one in! :oops:..

surely one will hop out while your trying to catch the other ...:lol:

I would put the carrier in their room/base and let them get used to it that way, put some treats in there to tempt them in. Hopefully they will start to associate it as a safe place and be no trouble getting them in there. :)

Ive never had any trouble getting my buns in cases.... do some buns run away or scrabble or what???

I would put the carrier in their room/base and let them get used to it that way, put some treats in there to tempt them in. Hopefully they will start to associate it as a safe place and be no trouble getting them in there. :)

Ive never had any trouble getting my buns in cases.... do some buns run away or scrabble or what???

Sooty will thump like mad as soon as she sees the carrier!! and then runs to a corner and will growl at me :cry:
Oreo is ok I can just put him in..
Thats a good idea - if i get one - I will put it in with them.

Glad I could help. Rimmi and Winter love snuggling in theirs (just remove the door) I even give them any of my socks that have holes on because they like to 'dig' themselves comfy :p x

This is very similar to mine http://www.pets-warehouse.com/pic-d/DPO21321.jpg I did have a large plastic cat carrier and Vin hated it, I think because it was too big, even when padded out. The top zips off in this one and the end opens, with a pocket at the other end. It's great as it's a lot easier to handle - I have a degenerative joint condition and no car so the last carrier was a nightmare as it was so heavy. This one also fits much better on the train, and Vin loves it. Great all round :D

That's such a good idea...wen I think of all the socks I've put in the bin!

It was Rimmis idea- he helped himself to anything on the floor and one day I found a sock in his bed and thought 'if you want socks, you can have my dead ones' I needed to sort them out anyway, I kept wearing ones with holes in and it was winding me up lol x

Back