• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

after neuter worry

caismeister

Alpha Buck
Hi i got Taylor neutered yesterday and today his stitches look nice and clean but the sacs do seem full????? not of blood but just wondered if this is because it was only done yesterday so may be a little swollen. I cant remember my other boys being like this i don't think.Not too concerned but just after anyone elses experienceHe is fine in himself eating,pooing and weeing fine and is outside today in the lovely weather

Glad he's feeling OK :) Loubie loo (I think it was) had this query the other week and apparently it's normal for them to look huge still, so unless it's inflamed, don't worry - they will shrink eventually :)

The area will be swollen and a bit bruised for a day or too. Just make sure tht he seems to be eating pooing and weeing as usual, but if you are still worried tomorrow just pop him to the vet to put your mind at rest.:)

Yes its normal for them to be swollen but if they havnt started to subside in a couple of days, get bigger or become hard to the touch take him to the vets as he may have an infection or even a leak somewhere.

In about a week they should resemble deflated balloons!

thanks for the replies have had 3 boys done before but i still worry when they've had it done will def keep an eye out for changes he's throwing around a bunny basics pinata at the mo so must feel ok in himself

Back