• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter of 8 arrived **Myxi update** ~survivors~

hunnybun

Mama Doe
A litter of 8 x12 week olds arrived at the rescue yesterday, well not arrived- My husband went to pick them up. One of them has advanced Myxomatosis!! so was pts :cry: the others are fine so far, all cross French Lops and a fair size already!

New photos of them
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/kareen.mitchelson/7BabiesJulyAug2007

DSC03449.jpg

DSC03447.jpg

DSC03441.jpg

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/kareen.mitchelson/7BabiesAndMiffyJuly07

Last edited:
Awwwww I so hope no-bun else contracts Myxi.........:cry:

Janex

I hope so too Jane, I think incubation time is about 2-8 days so I will soon know. I will wait 7 days before I vaccinate them I think, to see if any symptoms occur! I think anyway I am not sure what to do, will chat to my vet in the morning.

They are all so lovely. I would hate to loose anymore! I lost another rabbit to bloat yesterday!! :cry:

Wow, you are getting a lot of Frenchies in recently.
Are you still taking buns in then? I know you were hanging fire for a bit cos of the amount you had taken in:(

Wow, you are getting a lot of Frenchies in recently.
Are you still taking buns in then? I know you were hanging fire for a bit cos of the amount you had taken in:(

Yes still taking rabbits in :D :? I have a waiting list, when I rehome then the next on the list gets taken in. Or the most needy. I have 30 rescue at the moment which is my limit :D just been out cleaning all the litter trays, I smel like a chippie :lol: with all the vinegar :lol: 5 of the rabbits are reserved.

Yes still taking rabbits in :D :? I have a waiting list, when I rehome then the next on the list gets taken in. Or the most needy. I have 30 rescue at the moment which is my limit :D just been out cleaning all the litter trays, I smel like a chippie :lol: with all the vinegar :lol: 5 of the rabbits are reserved.

Wow 30:shock: I'm glad I just have the one Frenchie. I think she spends all day dipping her ears in mud & litter trays:?

Wow - do you mean 5 of the 8 new arrivals are already reserved? :shock: Or 5 others in your rescue? :wave:

The 3 mini lops, Jay, Kay and Jo and two of the new arrivals are reserved possibly 3! Also has some interest in Jet the mini rex :D

That's great! We are looking to getting a neutered buck for Rosie (maybe an older bun but not sure). I think she may be going up to Lynda's at C.A.R.R.O.T. in Arbroath to choose a husbun - just waiting to get that arranged. I've been looking on your website too. It's quite a distance but there's nothing much nearer me at all.

That's great! We are looking to getting a neutered buck for Rosie (maybe an older bun but not sure). I think she may be going up to Lynda's at C.A.R.R.O.T. in Arbroath to choose a husbun - just waiting to get that arranged. I've been looking on your website too. It's quite a distance but there's nothing much nearer me at all.

I have had people come from Ayrshire, Huntly, Aberdeen! :lol: a boy bun is coming from Dalry soon to be bonded:D

I have 3 more buns from the litter with slight symptoms of myxi, it is just a case of wait and see now!! :cry: it is so sad, but it looks like I may loose more of them:cry:

Back