• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

anyone else experienced this? update been to vets

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
just before i was grooming Honey (even though its not really necessarly as shes got a short cot anyway lol) and on her neck she has what looks liek a sore but its circular with a greeny color in the middle of it :? quite hard to explain. it looks like an ulcer on her neck basically. i called the vet and have an appointment at 4pm and just wondered what should i do in the mean time? should i bathe the sore or just leave it :? also has anyone got any ideas on what it is and how its probably happened? at first i thought maybe her and Crystal have had a fight but there has been no evidence of a fight i.e no chunks of fur lying around in their hutch :? ive checked Crystal over and she looks fine although a last week they did have a few fleas which were treated with this spot on stuff i bought from the vets maybe honeys taken an allergic reaction to it?

Last edited:
:shock: im reading about sores and stuff on teh internet now and it sounds very much like ringworm :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sounds like ringworms to me hun.....its contagious to people and other animals so you need to get it checked and implement quarantine procedures until its treated.

I took her to the vets (had to take her to my bad vets as my rabbit experienced ones are closed friday to monday) they didnt take to much notice to her sore and went on to tell me she was very chesty. which i know about because shes been to teh vets many times for her chest and they said that she may need a chest xray :shock: anyways she finally got to teh sore looked at it and said i'll give you some cream to put on it shes probably just hurt herself while scratching i must say im not totally convinced and i am worried incase she does has something like ringworm which if gone un-noticed could effect not only me but my other rabbits as well :? :cry:

p.s the cream she gave me is actually eye ointment :shock: i didnt notice this until i got home

Has she had recent antibiotic injections? Baytril is often the cause of a nasty skin reaction at the site of the injection and can take weeks to heal.

Hopefully the ointment will clear it up

Janex:)

I think it sounds more like a spot reaction to the flea treatment. Did the vet do a light test on the area? I'd have thought the he/she would have recognised ringworm if that what it is.

Back