• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another bonding question...

louandjoe

Alpha Buck
My two bonded buns, Mavis & Mylo have been living happily together for 4/5 months now, after a really really easy bonding session (a bit of chasing and bum sniffing - no fighting at all).

Anyway, we rescued Millie from Joe's brother as she was really overweight, in a tiny tiny cage and living on a diet of pellets, a carrot every few days and a bit of hay :censored:

She wasn't vac'd or spayed when we brought her home so we've had all her jabs done and she was spayed on Friday and after a few wobbles and a few syringe feeds, she back on her feet and seemingly very chirpy.

We want to bond her with Mavis & Mylo, and will do so on neutral territory etc - how long is best to leave it after her spay before starting the bonding?

They currently all live next to each other in the kitchen, but Millie is seperated in a C&C cage. When she comes out for a run in the kitchen (still seperated), Mavis & Mylo really go for her through the bars, like trying to bite her. They are both really placid but when Millie is out in the kitchen, they go a bit mad and try to rip her little nose apart through the wires.

I'm guessing this is just territorial behaviour and won't happen when they're in neutral territory?

(Sorry for the long post!)

That behaviour is normal as your two look on her as an intruder on their patch and a hormonal one at that! I know when I had my Foster bun Furby(now ruling the roost with Karen and her menagerie!!:lol: ), Bournville turned from placid laid-back gentleman to manic bunny almost immediately! He did settle down but I had to keep their runs at opposite ends of the garden or he would start bullying Floss(who's normally the dominant one in the duo:? ). I expect you'll be holding off the bonding until she's recovered and her hormones have settled, and by that time you'll have had loads of expert advice from seasoned bonders on here. Good luck. Thanks for getting the Megazorb for Karen and I btw!

Last edited:
Back