• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Can i have your opinions please?

Miloe's_Mum

Alpha Buck
Hi,

Milo is due to be neutered next Friday, but i'm not having Gracie spayed just yet. Do you think i should take Gracie to the vets with Milo or leave her at home??

Just dont know what to do for the best, especially with Milo spending 3 days at the vets when we first brought him home, i dont really like the idea of stressing him out again, so it might be better if Grace is with him, but then as she's not having the op will she be stressed being cooped up in the vets all day (they do let them out for a run)

Thanks in advance

I always take mine together, so I would advise taking her along as well. DOn't know how other people feel about this.

I'd agree - but if boy bun, isn't neutered yet, & girl bun isn't spayed, couldn't girl bun be pregnant?

Or am i being thick??

Hi,

Milo is due to be neutered next Friday, but i'm not having Gracie spayed just yet. Do you think i should take Gracie to the vets with Milo or leave her at home??

Just dont know what to do for the best, especially with Milo spending 3 days at the vets when we first brought him home, i dont really like the idea of stressing him out again, so it might be better if Grace is with him, but then as she's not having the op will she be stressed being cooped up in the vets all day (they do let them out for a run)

Thanks in advance

Im glad you asked this as I was wondering the same.
Sally

If she is old enough to get pregnant then no!! Don't take her with him, some male buns stay fertile after their ops for 6weeks!! I thought they were already bonded and living as a pair if they are seperate at the mo keep them that way til he's de hormoned then introduce them.

If she is old enough to get pregnant then no!! Don't take her with him, some male buns stay fertile after their ops for 6weeks!! I thought they were already bonded and living as a pair if they are seperate at the mo keep them that way til he's de hormoned then introduce them.

Ok thanks, thats all i was asking.

Grace will be spayed 2 weeks after Milo.

Hopefully thats too young for her to be preggie!:shock: Are they brother and sister?

Hope all goes well for Milo's neuter!:D

Ok thanks, thats all i was asking.

Grace will be spayed 2 weeks after Milo.

They take all the girls bits out when they spay them so she can't get pregnant immediately after the op but if you give her 10days to heal, that should give Milo time to calm down too and fingers crossed you'll have two loved up buns!!

Hi Ruth! Milo's got plums at 13 weeks??? Why hasn't my Humphrey got plums yet - he's five months now!! :lol: It's not fair!!:cry: :lol: Especially as I'm having to wear long wellies when he's free range in the garden - ankle still not recovered yet, I'm scarred for life!!:shock: Claire x Please pray for Humph's plums!

Hi Ruth! Milo's got plums at 13 weeks??? Why hasn't my Humphrey got plums yet - he's five months now!! :lol: It's not fair!!:cry: :lol: Especially as I'm having to wear long wellies when he's free range in the garden - ankle still not recovered yet, I'm scarred for life!!:shock: Claire x Please pray for Humph's plums!

Some larger buns mature later than smaller ones which if Humphrey is a larger model of a rabbit this may account for his later development. Saying that I recently had a litter of dutches whom were very slow to develope their plums, I was beginning to question if we had wrongly sexed them, but by 4.5 months they suddenly appeared almost overnight. Have you checked Humphrey recently to ensure he is not a she :oops: on the other hand he may just be a late developer

My theory is that Humph sneeks online and has seen all the discussions about his plums. He has decided everyone is out to get them so he is keepin' 'em hidden !! :lol:

Janex

My theory is that Humph sneeks online and has seen all the discussions about his plums. He has decided everyone is out to get them so he is keepin' 'em hidden !! :lol:

Janex

:lol: I agree, Jane!! He's a challenge, my Humph! He's so sick of going back and forth to the Vets about his eyes, that he's decided "She ain't seeing my plums - I'm keeping them hidden!" (PS. He is a "large model" - a Frenchie!) Claire x

Back