• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Fudge seems to have lost a bit of weight...help

Beebop

Warren Veteran
Fudge has always been a larger bun than little clove, who looks runty beside her at times, fudge has also always been slightly more fleshed than clove, but now Fudge seems to have lost weight and is definetly a bit bonier than usual (shes always seemed to be more boney but fatter than clove, does that make sense?).

She is eating just as normally, not drinking excessively, active, bright eyed and seems pretty much herself. Recently I have been spreading the pellets around the shed to give them something to forage for, and Clove loves the pellets more than Fudge bun, so I think cloves been getting more than her fair share of pellets.

However, as any worrying bunny mum would do, I am tking her to get checked out by the vets. What should I have checked? I'll have her weighed but should I get her pee checked or wormed? Although, I'd have thought if she has worms, clove would too? Whats the right dosage of panacur for a dutch anyway? Furthermore, if you suggest worming, I am a little worried, are there any nasty side effects?

Thanks
Sarah

PS Oh and they are 4 years old, so are middle aged bunsters. :wink:

Maybe get her teeth checked. Buns with spurs may appear to be munching as normal but are actually taking longer to eat LESS.
Is she spayed?

Janex

SOAD said:
Could it be her summer coat has come out and she just looks thinner?

Yeah, thats kinda what I thought as she is half way through loosing it, but I'm not too sure now! :(

Jane- Yes she is spayed, she was spayed back in June 2005 and seems to be eating still faster than clove :roll: :lol: I was thinking teeth, so yeah, I'll have them checked.

Back