• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When to put bun outside

trance

Warren Scout
Hi all
I have a young bun who has been inside as he didnt have a winter coat.Question is , when can I put him in his outside hutch. The days have been lovely but the nights are still a bit chilly and wondered whether he would be ok as long as the night temps didnt go below zero.
thanks

I would say it's fine now...we've got some gorgeous days and the nights are due to be quite mild for the next week or so at least, so bun would adjust nicely :)

'Trance' sorry for hijacking but could anyone in Scotland answer this same question. Bonnie Scotland still seems a little chilli :D

outside

I have a french lop that I got in november and he was living indoors as he was a baby.

I have been putting him outside in the garden during the day for a few weeks and bringing him in at night, but am thinking about trying him outside at night now as well. I think as long as they have enough bedding to keep warm they should be fine to go out now.

Hi

I put my buns in their outside hutch on Mon. Am putting a snugglesafe in with them and making sure they have lots of bedding until the nights are a bit warmer.

k

Mine are outside and I've been covering them with a blanket and draping a plastic sheet in case it rains...Do I need to be covering them so that they can't see out of the hutch? I just think it's safer in case anything that might scare them happened to peer into the hutch in the night...

Back