• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Floss - I don't know..

capel

Warren Veteran
Well, despite my update yesterday about Floss having been given the all clear, I'm not so sure :? Her skin looks worse this afternoon. She's definately lost more hair and the skin is looking a bit red in one area. You can't really see it on the pics, but at least you can see the size of the area! Could it be as a result of Bournville and his over- enthusiastic grooming efforts?
DSC01901.jpg

[/img]
DSC01903.jpg

capel said:
Could it be as a result of Bournville and his over- enthusiastic grooming efforts?

YES!!

I had a couple of Buns, Emily and Alfie. Emily ate all Alfies whiskers and eye lashes and all the fur around his mouth. He did look a sight!!

Janex

Aw..my beautiful Floss :? If you compare these pics which were taken this afternoon with the ones which I've posted in today's Photos section(taken on Thursday night) you can see how much more hair has disappeared!!

Poor Floss! I had a similar problem with Inky before I had Smokey spayed, she created a bald patch on the back of his neck! I used to put a really weak solution of TCP on the area (has to be really weak though), the taste discouraged Smokey long enough for it to heal up.

Could well be Hilda. :D I have the same just on the neck on my neutered rex Joey. Caused by over zealous grooming by Mr Chambers and other things :roll: :shock: They are the only two neutered gay bunnies in the village :oops: :shock: :roll: Lived together for over four years too.

Ah well Steph, if I should catch sight of two lycra-clad bunnies mincing their way through the streets of Solihull, I'll know it's your two out for a night on the town!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Hilda they are definately out of the closet now. Yep that will be my pair ! They do adore each other and I couldnt seperate them but my its embarrassing :oops: :roll: Hugs to Floss xxx

Poor Floss!!! Hope you cant find out for definate if it is over grooming - and if so find something to put there that Bournville doesnt like that is safe for both bunnies - not sure what though.

:lol: There's not a lot Bournville doesn't like!! He even groomed off the baytryl I spilt on her last week!! :lol:

capel said:
:lol: There's not a lot Bournville doesn't like!! He even groomed off the baytryl I spilt on her last week!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You will have to make her a little hat that he cant get under :lol: :lol:

Back