• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Zelda-Help!!!!

floppynzele

Alpha Buck
i found my bunny Zelda lying on her side in her hutch in her hay, i felt her ears and they weren't that cold, and she is breathing normally but when i stroked on her head, her legs went in, and then streched out again, and they were shaking, i don't know what this is but i want to keep my bunny alive!
does someone know what this is?
she has eaten last nights' food, and her water bowl is there in case she wants a drink.

my bunnie's muscles vibrate alot when thye are stretching, but i'm not sure what to do about zelda, i will see you tonight, good luck hun

If you are worried about her get her to a vet. When my bun is asleep she often stretches although does get up if I pester her too much!!

Think you need to at least call a vet to ask for some advice and get an appointment if needed. Lying on their side isn't really a good sign - she needs some vets attention.

Hope everything turns out ok for you both.

Can Zelda stand up?

If she tries to does she fall over? Is her head tilted to one side?

I think you need to speak with your Vet ASAP

Janex

If you are ever worried about your bun, or think it may be unwell, you must take them to the vet!

when i went to check on her, she hopped out of the cage happily, but she has runny poo and strains to pee.
her head is held up high, nad her ears are normal temperature.
also, her wee smells unnaturally bad.
thanks for your help everyone!
also, im not sure, but she might be having trouble controling her hind legs sometimes.

floppynzele said:
when i went to check on her, she hopped out of the cage happily, but she has runny poo and strains to pee.
her head is held up high, nad her ears are normal temperature.
also, her wee smells unnaturally bad.
thanks for your help everyone!
also, im not sure, but she might be having trouble controling her hind legs sometimes.

You need to take her to a Vet TONIGHT if her symptoms are as you describe. We are not Vets and can only guess at what may or may not be wrong

Hopefully your Vet will be able to address the problem this evening

Janex

I saw her (and smelt her) today after school and she doesn't look good, she isn't moving after she has done a pee and is getting soaked, jen, i would take het to the vet hun.

Back