• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Baby Bunny Rescue

wynne1975

New Kit
hi

We've just rescued a baby bunny. It's about 6-8" long and can sit on my flat hand. It can also climb out of the cage which is about 9" high. We're guessing it's 4-5 weeks old but this is an estimate based on the size of our other rabbits when they were 10 weeks old.

We're taking it to the vet tomorrow for a check up and the pet shop suggested feeding it a kitten milk formula, 3 times a day for a few weeks. There's plenty of hay and water in the carry cage we have it in and a small amount of Selective rabbit food.

It's had a couple of feeds of the milk formula and lapped it up. We read on here that straight from the syringe can be dangerous so I was squirting really slowly into the palm of my hand for it to lick up. This seemed to go down much better than from the syringe.

We won't be introducing her to the other rabbits for a good few months yet, if at all.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It's smokey grey coloured with 1 white front paw, so we're open to suggestions on names too :)

many thanks

Craig and Sam

It was in a street in Dartmouth, a few miles from where we live. It must have escaped from a garden or something. No-one knew who the owner was so rather than leave it to fend for itself we took it home. It's the sweetest little thing!

Craig and Sam

Most people will recommend goats milk instead of kittens as it's easier on the system, but if it's fine on the kitten milk I wouldn't change it now.

Yeah, we're in torbay too. we've taken him to the vets. He's around 8 weeks ols and now on a bluberry warren mix of hay and pellet. I tried him on a small piece of apple yesterday, and today he has a orangey/red coloured wee. Could this be the apple? he seems ok in himself, he's eating and playing, although we think he may be drinking quite a lot.

Names

Awww 2 sweet, I don't particularly like him but what about jackson, didn't Michael jackson wear 1 white glove?? Or boots, or sox?

Back