• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Anyone got Mini Rex's?

Treacle44

Warren Scout
I've never had a rex before, just wondered what their nature is like, size they grow to, anything really? :)

TIA

T
x

I don't have mini rex but I have two standard rexes. I think they will have the same temprement as they are the same breed just two different sizes.
I've found rexes to be very cheeky, playful and in your face! :lol: And of course their fur is gorgeous! :D Rexes can be prone to sore hocks as they have thin fur on their feet so you need to make sure your bun has soft bedding and remember to check his or her feet. I think mini rexes weigh about 3lb but maybe somebody who owns one might know. :?

I have an Orange Mini Rex,Lara. She is a very sweet girl and an excellent companion for some chronically sick Buns she has helped nurse (Flynn-had cancer, Becks-had congenital heart disease). Mini Rexes weigh 1.4-1.8kg. RexyBexy breeds/shows them.
Janex

I have a rex :D She was evil though (not her fault, she was abandonned, injured). She's loads nicer now, & really beautiful :D

I had a standard rex when I was younger. The breeder was sending him to the butcher because he wasn't the right colour :evil: He was very friendly and lived to about 10.

I'm rehoming a mini rex in the next few weeks from the local resuce where I volunteer :) :) :) I knew my bunny count wouldn't take long to increase helping there!

I have a mini rex. He's not much bigger than my Netherland Dwarf, around the same as a mini lop (though he looks smaller as he's not as fluffy)

Next to Squishy (mini lop)
P4060264.jpg

And Mary (Nethie)
P1010046.jpg

He is a bit timid, came out of his shell when I bonded him with Mary and Squishy though - Mary's really outgoing and people-orientated which helped I think. He's not keen on being picked up but could be due to past experience (was stuck at the petshop I used to work at and only really handled when I could sneak in a quick cuddle in the mornings, and to have his teeth checked as he had mild malloclusion due to snapping an incisor)
But he does come up to me for strokes and will occasionally stand and lean up against my legs to be picked up. He's used to my steps-sisters holding him too (they're 9 and 11) but wouldn't say he was really a cuddly bunny.

My Dad has a dwarf rex (is that the same as a mini? - not sure :? )

Anyway she used to be a complete nutter but since her spay she is now just a little bit daft. She is lovely-natured, but doesn't like sitting still for long.

rabbits005.jpg

I have mini rexes and i find them very sweet tempered but nervy. Mine are about 3 and a half pounds in weight some are a little bigger it depends were there from. I do think they are a bit better than the standard rexes. val

Picture223.jpg

Me :D I've got Kovu he's a cool bunster he likes to climb and explore. I wouldn't say they're good house bunnies though.

333100b9.jpg

SOAD said:
Me :D I've got Kovu he's a cool bunster he likes to climb and explore. I wouldn't say they're good house bunnies though.

333100b9.jpg

Is he very nibbly? Cybil (my Dad's bunny) nibbles anything and everything constantly.

Yep he chewed through the bed and made it into a proper rabbit tunnel and carpet I seemed to be pulling carpet thread out of his bum for ages. :lol:

I have a mini-rex in the rescue. He came in last week as a stray. He is sooooooooooo gorgeous :love: I was amazed at how tiny he is. He is very friendly and inquisative. I have been meaning to take a pic all week :roll:

SOAD said:

333100b9.jpg

really :shock: :shock: :shock: we were thinking of making bigwig a house bunny once the ginat was bonded :shock: :shock:

SOAD said:

really :shock: :shock: :shock: we were thinking of making bigwig a house bunny once the ginat was bonded :shock: :shock:

The mini rex I'm collecting is going to be a house bunny. I think any bunny can be a house bunny as long as you've got a good set up and they get time outside in a run aswell. Go for it bunnylove :)

Back