• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding neutered male into established trio?????????????????

cannonwoman

Warren Veteran
??????????????????????????? What`s the chance of it working???????????????
O.k, so i`ve fallen in love with a certain bunny, but i can only really seriously consider offering him a home if he will bond into one of my established groups.
He wouldn`t be able to go with the Frenchies as Angel`s very possessive over her Digby! :roll: :lol: And i don`t think it would work with Ted & Poppet as Ted`s still definately top buck!!!!!!!!! But the trio are a very laid back group, consisting of 1 neutered male and 2 neutered females, the most dominant being Tia. What are the chances that they would accept another neutered male??????? I know male to male are much harder to bond but just wondered if it would be worth trying it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
Su.x

You could try Su but you wold need to introduce the males to each other first if you have a problem there it's not going to work.

the best thing to do is try it, try the new male with all the buns individually, they may be ok with one another the problems may arise when you put all four together. I have a four two males and two females but the males are brothers and have never been seperated.

I would have to disagree (sorry phil ;) ) I think trying to bond them all seperatly would make things worse. Considering all 4 are neutered I would put them all on neutral territory and bond them in the same way as if you were doing a pair. The group of 3 already have their pecking order sorted out, the new addition would have to work out where in that order he comes. It would be a lot easier (and less stressful on the buns) to bond them as a group than individually. I have found it easier to introduce another male than another female ;)

Back