• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cherish is acting a bit strange today...

maple_syrup

Young Bun
Today has been going a bit strange for Cherish and I. This morning when I went to feed her, she just sat huddled in a corner, totally uninterested. This is very unlike her because, like many bunnies on this board, she usually comes running for breakfast. I knew something was wrong because she always sits in the same corner when she's not quite right.

Thought I'd give her awhile, and after about an hour I went back and put her food bowl of pellets in front of her. I also added a piece of bok choy to tempt her. Wonderously, after about a minute, she stuck her head forward and gobbled up the bok choy. Then she kinda looked around like she had just woken up, stretched, and nibbled her pellets. After that, she decided to hop into her 'bedroom' and started munching on some hay!

It is now afternoon and she has eaten all her pellets, munched on hay and done a few droppings which look normal. She responds to me too.

She's 6 years old and she has had episodes like this before in the past (2-3 times/year) and the recovery time varies. Does anyone know what causes this, and what could be wrong at the time? It is just so bizarre.

Thank you!

P.S. Should I still let her into her run today, or give her a bit of rest?
Also, went into the pet shop today and saw a carrot made out of sisal rope that buns can fling around and stuff. Does anyone else have this toy and is it safe? If they chew the rope can it cause blockages?

I may be completely wrong, but it may just be that she's prone to wind :oops: which makes her feel uncomfortable but disperses naturally.
I would still let her out in the run, as movement is good for windy tummies, but maybe limit her grass intake?
Two of mine have had epsiodes like this recently, whcih probably would have sorted themselves out. However, I gave them a little Infacol and some tummy rubs and they were right as rain in an hour. Bobby's tummy made the biggest rumbly sounds :shock:

Back