• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

confused bun

Ray

Young Bun
:?

Hi, well i have done it today - I have put Fudges hutch outdoors. It has been in the 'playroom' since we had him & this room has french doors leading of to the garden which Fudge has free run of, sometimes if the doors are shut & he wants to come back in he scratches on the glass - so sweet. He knows his name & when i call him he comes running back inside! Well he is totally confused now & I feel very guilty, he keeps coming in & sniffing at the floor where his hutch once was and generally hopping around in circles. I put him in for a bit today to help him realise but now I am watching him come to the doors, go to his hutch, look inside, jump in , jump out, come back to the doors -- oh I feel so bad!! :cry: I am sure he will be happier outside, especially once he gets a bunny friend & it was never my intention for him to stay in for good so fingers crossed he will get used to it soon! :? Any experience/ advice appreciated!
Oh no, he's looking at me through the window again :shock:

Ray x

aww - it took my bunnies about 2 weeks to settle outside - it's very noisy out there compared to indoors, so be prepared for some stamping tonight if he's scared - He will get used to it though, and all mine seem much livlier outside.

However as you have to supervise him anyway, why not just leave the doors open for him? That's what I do with mine - they are usually too busy running round the garden to bother coming into the kitchen, but I can sit there reading, drinking and 'supervising' (hard work! :D )

Plus if the weather is wet and I fence off the garden, they can come in the kitchen and have a bit more interest than just the boring old patio.

Back