• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tomatoes????

mine go crazy for tomatoes, its one of there favourites, i hope its all right to give to them, they've never had upset tummys so i keep giving it to them :D

I know they are ok to give but i never have mainly because i cant stand the sight or smell of them

I've never given mine tomatoes, I thought they were bad for them, or is that just the vine/leaves? :?

Tomatoes themselves are ok (if a little sugary so not too much!) but the leaves and plant are very poisonous so just make sure that it's only the fruit that they have access to munch!

i think it is an aquired taste! some of mine have liked them, some havent. i once had the pleasure of owning a huge new zeland white and he went crazy for them and used to rub in them before eating them, he was pink most of the time :shock: :lol: :lol:

Gypsy took one sniff and ran away from the tomatoe I gave her! :shock: :lol: Storm just ignored his them sat on it! :? :lol:

small cherry tomatoes and dinka chases hers life a ball!

I must give Jack one to try - thats the sort of thing he's end up doing. He loves to chase things that roll!!!

Princess loves tomatos as does Amy. They are good for Princess as she won't eat the harder veggies at the mo cos of her teeth.

All my rabbits like tomatoes - I love the slurpy, gurgly noises they make when they eat them! My lops seem to have trouble getting their teeth into cherry tomatoes (smaller mouths?), but it keeps them busy!

Back