• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter Train Rabbits

ladystardust

Alpha Buck
How do you do it for like an in house situation? I bring my rabbits in now and again, Sophie tends to poo everywhere. I have raised the litter training issue before in terms of the hutch .. but I mean indoors this time.

What do you do?

Eeek sorry

Zoe

my bunny has always just used the cats litter tray in the house!

try putting a litter tray in the house and maybe put a bit of the used litter from her hutch in the new tray, then she might relate using the litter tray in her hutch to the new one and hopefully start using it when she is indoors.

sillyrabbit said:
my bunny has always just used the cats litter tray in the house!

try putting a litter tray in the house and maybe put a bit of the used litter from her hutch in the new tray, then she might relate using the litter tray in her hutch to the new one and hopefully start using it when she is indoors.

Wow? That's pretty good :wink:

I may give it a go, thank you .. Flopsy tends to jump in the cats litter tray for fun .. he's a crazy / possessed bun :lol:

Hiya,
Not sure if this will help, but....At first I was putting straw and woodflakes in to Mia and Mea's litter tray, but they wouldn't go near it (except to nibble the odd bit of straw), so I tried woodflakes and now they are always in it. Sometimes they sit there for ages, bless!!!
Good luck!
Nicola x

Nicola C said:
Hiya,
Not sure if this will help, but....At first I was putting straw and woodflakes in to Mia and Mea's litter tray, but they wouldn't go near it (except to nibble the odd bit of straw), so I tried woodflakes and now they are always in it. Sometimes they sit there for ages, bless!!!
Good luck!
Nicola x

Aww thank you! I'm just wondering if it's possible to have rabbits that are both indoor and outdoor rabbits :?

I s'pose Flopsy would love the woodflakes as well

Bugsy drive me mad when it comes to litter training. He does know how to use his corner pan, but he also decides to pee right next to it too, on the carpet. Great. I always put lots of paper down too but he still poops and pee's nexxt to that. I have tried everything, putting used litter in the lot. I just have to come to terms with the fact that it is necessary to follow him round with a dustpan and to keep washing the carpet near his tray & paper.

Aww I love your Dutchies :)

Yeah I know what you mean, now whenever either bun comes in the house I attempt to hide any corners or cracks where they can poo etc.

What I'm thinking is ...

Tabby uses standard cat litter, although the RSPCA where we got her used to use wooden chippings for pooing. So I'm thinking maybe to go back to that and maybe the buns will go for it as well. Flopsy notoriously bounces in and out of the litter bin :wink:

Casper is an outdoor rabbit but often comes inside to visit us. He does use his litter tray to pee in but he poops all over the floor.

Any tips on how to get the poo in the tray would be really good.

Yeah I need tips on this too. I think because Bugsy is 8 he just doesn't always make it to the tray intime for a wee. However poops do my head in! I like to keep my house nice and non animal people who come to visit are often mortified that there may be a current on the floor. My neighbours buns have the utility room to roam in, now fondly referred to as "The Department of Current Affairs"! lol.

Back