• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

jacks having dental work done!!!!!

inka dinka doo

Alpha Buck
My poor little jack has had teeth problems for some time now he is only 2 and a half but today he went for his burring and the vet says its best i have his front teeth taken out and the back ones to be taken back jack seems to be eating fine and drinking fine although they grow so fast im taking him every 3 weeks i dont have a problem paying the £20 a time but im worried for him has anyone elses bunny had a dental who can give me advice as im worried about my baby boy! he is booked for the procedger tomorrow!!!!!! :cry:

Travis is having his right lower molar removed tomorrow. He's had it burred down 5 times in as many months under GA, so his vet and I agreed that by removing it, he would at least get a break from GA's for a while.

My vet says that rabbits cant really be made "gummy" like cats for example. Insicors are commonly removed, but when it comes to molars it's trickier. It's easiest if the molar to be removed is the front one, if it is a middle one then there is more chance of the other teeth moving to fill the gap and causing further mis-alignment. It's 50/50 as to whether the teeth will move and cause worse problems, or stay still and be fine.

Hope this helps!!

thanks guys he is having all 4 of his fronts out as they grow so fast my poor little baby im going to buy him a new blanket and toy for when he gets back to curl up and sleep on my bed xxx

just an update jack isnt doing too well he stopped breathing twice on the op table and has to stay in to be watched fingers crossed he will be ok

Oh sorry to hear Jack is poorly, lots of vibes coming his way ~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~

Poor Jack, really sorry to hear he has had a bad time, Hope he is soon able to come home. I collected my mini lop lunch time after his 4 front teeth were removed yesterday. He was not eating or pooing but once he got home he has started doing both. I am sure Jack will be fine now the op is over. Thinking of you both.Pam.

Is he round from the anaesthetic ok now? If so you could always ask to visit him and give him a cuddle. My vets let me do that when my bun was in last time and had a bad reaction to the anaesthetic. I stayed a while and took some parsley and it encouraged him to eat being there. Makes us feel better too seeing they are ok!!! Pam.

he is round, and is responding to his name and meds he wont eat but is drinking a little and pooping :lol: which is good he should be able to come home tomorrow all being well and good ill update

jack is home very dopey and licking his poorly gums but all i wanted was my baby back! i was suprised it wasnt as expensive as i had thought £200! is that good??

inka dinka doo said:
jack is home very dopey and licking his poorly gums but all i wanted was my baby back! i was suprised it wasnt as expensive as i had thought £200! is that good??

:? I paid just over £65 for Travis' last burr and this molar removal combined. I know Jack had a little more work done, and Travis is now on a "discount loyalty scheme!?" at our vets!!! :roll: Hope he's feeling better soon, Trav's still not up to eating much....

Hi, really glad Jack is home. My bun had his front ones removed on thurs plus his molar rasped. They kept him over night and it came to £140. He seems a bit more like himself tonight and has eaten a fair amount. He is back to jumping up on the sofa to get on my lap, so that is a good sign. Hope he soon picks up now he is home. Keep us posted as to how he goes won't you. Thinking of you both.Pam

Jack

what a fright you must have got- glad Jack is home- hope he recovers real quick.

jacks doing better he still sits quite still and watched only moving to eat a little food and go to the litter tray i put him on the sofa and he just sleeps next to me he has a vets appointment in the morning to check all is ok poor little mite he know the journey!

Back