• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

sudocrem

yes I thought so too but wasn't completely sure. Amy's bite seems to be bothering her when she wees, think it would be bothering me too if i'd got bitten there :shock: she also seems to be licking it alot :? so I was wondering whether some sudocrem would help though don't want her to lick it all off? :? Otherwise I've some skin healing gel called Zn7 pet skin healing gel but prob got the same problem with that? :?

I use it on my two - Lavender gets flakey red hocks occassionally so I put it on there and it clears up in a day or two, and Charlie has got the odd scratch so I've used it on him too.

I wondered about them licking it but neither bun seemed to bother about it, and I aim to put a tiny amount on so that its sunk in by the time they get around to cleaning.

I did see Lavender sitting sniffing her foot last time but not licking it! Its smells of lavender flowers so I thought that was quite funny! :lol:

well they've both got sudocrem, Amy on her privates :shock: and fudge on his back- he's got nasty scaly scabby patches appearing in his back :(

Well I never - I have used sudocrem for years since I was given a bounty pack when my eldest daughter was born (25 yrs ago) and I have used it for everything - but didnt know you could use it on buns :D
Its brill for sunburn too :shock:

touie said:
well they've both got sudocrem, Amy on her privates :shock: and fudge on his back- he's got nasty scaly scabby patches appearing in his back :(
Just wondering why your rabbit has scaby bits on his back, has he got mites? val

I'm not sure they just started to come this week I thought it might have been stress caused by his brother dying?

I thought you said Toffee had bitten him on his back too? Whatever, brother dying, attack of the mad fluffy sisters, followed by attack of the amazonian Amy - I wouldn't be suprised if poor Fudge is a little stressed by the week's events.

Hope Amy's OK too - glad she's seeing a vet tomorrow - is Fudge going too?

yes he is going. I haven't made an appointment for him but I'm going to see if the vet can have a quick look while I'm there :wink: I think Toffee gave him a little nip and he's been licking it alot and making it sore hes only has the one patch missing but its gone from being not sure whether he's just molting a few days ago to a 2" x 2" bald patch!!! :shock:

I think sometimes mites can take over as well if they get stressed - usually (I think - not sure about this) they have mites anyway, but they're only a problem if they get too stressed for their immune system to keep the mites under control? Anyone know if this is so?

Back