• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

What does a boy bunny look like when his bits drop?

Quinn

Mama Doe
:oops: :oops: :oops: embarassing question lol Quinn is a dwarf lop or so pets at home say lol - anyway he was about 11 weeks old when i got him which was 7 weeks ago now so hes 18 weeks and i dont see anything has dropped - should they have by now?

I did get the vet to check he was definitely male when i took him for his vaccinations :oops: :oops: :oops:

when Alfie laid down like superman i could see them under his tail!! they weren't there before!

he also sprayed once and started grunting!! was funny...

ive tried to have a look but i dont see anything yet and he hasnt started any particularily hormonal behaviour

At what age do they normally drop?

Like a human only better to look at :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist that :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You would see little "bits" between his legs - as with humans they can come in all sizes :shock: That is small, medium and bloody liar :lol: :lol: only the bloody liar doesn't actually ring true with a bun 'cos we've seen some with whoppers :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops:

m

I would have expected some bumps to be there by now...but maybe he's a late developer...have you checked to make sure he is a boy? Vets have been known to make mistakes! there are some good pics of the different bits in a post on here somewhere...I'll go look for it...brb

PIC OF DOE
Doe_close.jpg

And buck
Buck_close.jpg

Very similar..just look for the groove-type slit on the female..hope it helps!

I looked at the pics before i went to the vets and saw what er popped out and he looked male to me and he looked different to my friends rabbit whos female and was checked at the vets - i will give him a proper check tonight i think, he doesnt seem to mind laying on his back for me too much

Jaypot said:
Like a human only better to look at :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist that :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You would see little "bits" between his legs - as with humans they can come in all sizes :shock: That is small, medium and bloody liar :lol: :lol: only the bloody liar doesn't actually ring true with a bun 'cos we've seen some with whoppers :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops:
Oh Jay, your post has made me chuckle....!!!! :lol: :lol: Jane and Bunsxx

Does his wee smell really bad? Dexter is about 17 weeks old and his wee has started to smell very bad, its horrible! :lol: I haven't seen his dangly bits yet though! :oops: :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I didn't even have to ask with Travis, it was very obvious!!! Definately not in proportion to the rest of him!!!! (you could see them when he was hopping around *cringe!!* :oops: :oops: :oops: ) I think it can vary though!!!! (all my male friends had to have a double take at them though!!! think they put them to shame!!!!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

buns.jpg

Estelle said:
Does his wee smell really bad? Dexter is about 17 weeks old and his wee has started to smell very bad, its horrible! :lol: I haven't seen his dangly bits yet though! :oops: :lol:

Sooty is really smelly at the moment, maybe this could be the reason why! I thought it was probably due to his hormones oh and the fact his girlfriend is next to him but he can't get to her!! 8)

I'm gonna phone the Blue Cross tommorrow to book him in for his op!

Sue&Sooty said:
Estelle said:

Sooty is really smelly at the moment, maybe this could be the reason why! I thought it was probably due to his hormones oh and the fact his girlfriend is next to him but he can't get to her!! 8)

I'm gonna phone the Blue Cross tommorrow to book him in for his op!

Definately the hormones kicking in! I have had three scented candles burning in the living room since Monday, he honks! I am cleaning his litter tray twice a day but he rolls in it and smells of it himself! :roll:

:oops: :lol: At least I now know it's not my fault that I just have a smelly house!!! :lol: :oops:
I too have 3 of those nutradol smelly air thingies in with the buns!!

well it stank the other day - we had him inside for a couple of days as we went away and when i put him back out in the hutch he proceeded 2 pee all up the sides and door of his hutch - but his litter pan does stink too

elve said:
wow I wouldn't like to have to sex rabbits - those pics are so similar! :shock:

It's easy to tell 'face to face' (or not as the case may be :lol:) as the male will have a long 'tube' with just a hole in the end, whereas the slit on the female extends from the tip right down into where it popped out from. Now try sexing baby Russian Dwarf hamsters, that's definately a task and a half :shock:

Ok so i had a :oops: feel :oops: and i can definitely feel one it might be 2 but hes quite fluffy down there so its hard to "see"

Back