• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Snuffles????

lucycat

Warren Scout
Well after the eventuality with the reaction to hutch spray took Dyl back to the vet for a check up and he is fine. I said to the vet that he had just sneezed on me in the waiting room but perhaps I was a worrying owner.

this morning he is sneezy, white stuff once and his nose is a bit runny. He sounds like he has a bit of a "cold".

I am worried to bits is this the dreaded pasteurella????? Vets at 9.40 with husband.

Poor Dylan!! Maybe the stress of the past few days have triggered off a bout of Snuffles :? . Many, many buns carry Pasteurella yet show no symptoms at all 'til 'stress' triggers things off!! If your Vet thinks this to be the case then a course of antibiotic treatment should get rid of his symptoms even if it does not 'cure' the Pasteurella which he may have been carrying since you have had him but was just asymtomatic. Try not to worry as I have had several buns who have had symptoms of 'snuffles' which resolved with treatment and for many of the buns they NEVER had another symptomatic episode'!! Going off the subject a bit....PLEASE could you post some more piccies of your buns.....They are stunning and Dylan's ears are just WONDERFUL!! :D :D Jane and Buns xx

Dyl has had an antibiotic jab and has to have antoher in 3 days and another on boxing day but his airway and chest are clear. He has only gone snuffly today. He had his check up last night and sneezed snot on me in the waiting room, I mentioned it to vet but then joked I was becoming a paranoid owner.

Fingers crossed I was in tears worrying about him this am.

Sarah the vet welcomed him and husband today with a hello Dylan, James the vet who saw and admitted him walked in and asked how he was. dyl and I know all the vets so does hubby too now!

Here is the very gorgeous and special thug that is my dylan, eating the garden again....

IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a46/lucycat29/dylwithfernonrockery.jpg[/IMG]

dylansnosesml.jpg

They are a truely stunning couple of buns :D :D !! Silky is a wonderful Rex and is a colour I haven't seen before. As for Dylan's ears.......!!! Does he fall over them!! :lol: :lol: Jane and Buns xx

Silky is a lilac otter rex. I got her solely as a friend for Dylan although she is beautiful a model bun!

Dylan was a whim that was meant to be unanswered that I fancied a big floppy eared bunny.

I love them dearly but so much trouble!!!!! Im worrying myself ill at the moment over dylan who is tucking into probiotic and vitamin charged pellets between sneezes.

Glad to hear some of yours got over snuffles. any advice welcome as I love him so much and am so scared of not having him around

ps watching him run and binky is quite hilarious :D :) as yes he sometimes catches his ears and he is so big.

Such a character tho loves cuddles on ground level and grinds his teeth. Will fling himself onto the ground and dream twitching even on bonfire nights. Hops around the vets waiting room entertaining everyone with antics. Just seems to have a permenantly low immune system and the vet record that comes in volumes :cry:

I love them dearly but so much trouble!!!!! Im worrying myself ill at the moment over dylan who is tucking into probiotic and vitamin charged pellets between sneezes.

I worry myself silly over Alfie too....not so bad now really but when i first got him i used to get soo stressed and worry about him (you just have to look at all of my posts here!)

Rabbits look so vulnerable don't they!!

My friend thought i was neaurotic until she got 3 buns of her own - now she is worse than me!!

Back