• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats wrong with my rabbits?

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
They have gone from peeing and pooing everywhere!,to now wrecking,everything in there pens they have dug there vet bed up threw there litter trays and lilac and shdow keep chewing there blankets i put them a new one in this morning and now its full of holes!
I have given them some new chews and williow rings ect,i dont know what to do!!!!

Decided to be belligerent little sods?

Sorry I can't offer any help or advice if it was spring I would be waffling on about "that time of year" etc etc but unless they feel your central heating isn't high enough and are attempting to dig nice deep burrows to sleep in I have no idea :wink: !

Caz

It sounds like they are bored. If I don't give my buns enough time out of their cages they flip over their litter boxes, pull down water bottles, chew holes through their hideouts, etc. Try giving them some toys they can throw, maybe a dig box in their pens?

Caz said:

Sorry I can't offer any help or advice if it was spring I would be waffling on about "that time of year" etc etc but unless they feel your central heating isn't high enough and are attempting to dig nice deep burrows to sleep in I have no idea :wink: !

Caz
There in a summer house now caz but they do have a heater in there!

Aspen'n'company said:
It sounds like they are bored. If I don't give my buns enough time out of their cages they flip over their litter boxes, pull down water bottles, chew holes through their hideouts, etc. Try giving them some toys they can throw, maybe a dig box in their pens?
They throw all there toys!

Maybe they want to redecorate their new pad......

Mine are being mischeifs at the moment too I think mine are a bit bored as they don't get as much time in the garden now that the clocks have changed.

Are there any new noises outside, or anything different, which might have upset them a bit :?

A few weeks ago we noticed Moosie was acting strangely in the playhouse outside - she kept pushing the tunnel around and pulling the vet bed out the tray. The neighbours were getting a conversvatory fitted, and we think it was the noise she didn't like. :? She's fine again now and the noise has stopped :?

However, it didn't bother Rob, so it seems funny it's all your buns :?

Not much help really :?

LEAVE HOME!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My guess would be that something has changed that they are aware off, have their been any new smells introduced, noise etc etc

Hope it settles down soon, would they be cold perhaps give them a bit more food for the winter they might be throwing a strop.

All the Best

Maureen

MoBunny said:
LEAVE HOME!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My guess would be that something has changed that they are aware off, have their been any new smells introduced, noise etc etc

Hope it settles down soon, would they be cold perhaps give them a bit more food for the winter they might be throwing a strop.

All the Best

Maureen
I FEEL LIKE LEAVING HOME :lol:
Yes there has been a change we moved house and they are now in a summer house instead of indoors,do you think it could be they are used to someone being there? now they only see me as i pop in an out through out the day,there not cold its lovely and snug in there they have a heater,lighting and a radio on.

Maybe they are still settling in? It might take awhile for them to make it smell enough like home for them to be happy going back to using their trays :)

Tam

Tamsin said:
Maybe they are still settling in? It might take awhile for them to make it smell enough like home for them to be happy going back to using their trays :)

Tam
They are using there trays,but the floor too!!!

Hiya Marie

all our house bunnies started playing up last week, and it was directly after I left a Christmas Carol CD on for them :roll: :roll: :!: :!: ..it was utter chaos, but harmony was restored when the usual Abba, and Disney Sound tracks were played....I fear we had a bunny uprising in protest of the carols!!..obviously not in the festive spirit as yet :roll: :roll: :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think it is a change that unsettles them for a bit, but as Tam says, they will soon get used to their new surroundings and calm down :wink: :)

Adele said:
Hiya Marie

all our house bunnies started playing up last week, and it was directly after I left a Christmas Carol CD on for them :roll: :roll: :!: :!: ..it was utter chaos, but harmony was restored when the usual Abba, and Disney Sound tracks were played....I fear we had a bunny uprising in protest of the carols!!..obviously not in the festive spirit as yet :roll: :roll: :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think it is a change that unsettles them for a bit, but as Tam says, they will soon get used to their new surroundings and calm down :wink: :)
Hopefully adele
otherwise you may never want to look after them again!!!! :lol:

bluebunny said:
Adele said:
Hopefully adele
otherwise you may never want to look after them again!!!! :lol:

Aaaahhh .... Marie I would have your bunnies come stay here however naughty they were. :!: :!: :shock: :shock: :shock: .they are all so gorgeous they can get away with murder :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: and anyway, our bunnies would give them a run for their money in the naughty stakes :wink: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
XX

Caz said:

Caz
Dosent always have to be spring :lol: if there does then they can get broody and mash there beds,have they bin done?. Does sound as if it was the move though. val :lol:

Back