• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Storage in Rabbit Sheds...

Veronica

Mama Doe
Hiya guys :)

Right, one of my plans is to build an enclosure taking over half of my rabbit shed.
However, I also store my food/woodshavings/hay etc in this half, sooooo....

I'm trying to think of ways of how I could still store these things....

I've got a few ideas, like over hanging shelves?(would have to be strong!!)?

Any one got any pics of how they store their bits and pieces in their rabbit shed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

Thanks in advance :)

Hiya,

How about plastic storage boxes/bins? As long as you remembered to clip the lid on then they could go in the pen. I've seen house bunny owners do this so I don't see what shed bunnies couldn't have the same :)

Tam

I have a hutch inside my shed which i store things on top off, I also have 2 dustbins with lids outside where i keep shavings and the mucked out straw etc.

In the shed i have plastic boxes with lids for hay, food etc.

I have a wide workbench style shelf across the end of the shed it goes above the hutch that the buns use - I have a 3ft spare hutch on that shelf for emergencies but there is storage space beside and on top of the hutch where I keep hay and a couple of carriers.
You can just see it on this piccie.
Image05.jpg

I also have a narrow shelf that runs the full length of the shed which is great for food storage containers and the lamp. I also have a small plastic drawer unit on there in which I keep nail clippers, brushes and combs, medicine etc.

These were an optional extra when I had the shed - and have proved to be invaluable.

If you have the space out side of the shed then a storage shed is an excellent idea. I have a 6' x 4' that cost £99 from B & Q and it means that I have loads of space to store everything rabbit related as well as the shovel, rake, lawnmower etc.

I have one of those rare things, a black dustbin, the old fashioned round type, i put the shavings and hay in there, with the lid on top they cant get to it. I ususllay have other stuff stacked on top too :shock:

You get an idea of how I've done it here. You can't see it in this photo but I also have some very strong screws in the walls and I have my cat carriers and some bags of hay etc hanging from those. Since this pic, I've also added a hutch for extra cosiness.
b4a499a3.jpg

Hello,
I am also having this problem. My 2 bunnys live in a shed and to begin with I kept the carrier box and hay etc on top of the hutch then I cam home one day to find the carrier on the floor as some bunny had managed to push it off and I thought it could've been alot worse. So I took the carrier out and got a cardboard box that fitted down the side of the hutch, to keep the hay and straw in but I came home to find my naughty bunnys had made a hole in it. Currently I take this box out every morning as they love to chew the plastic bags the hay and straw comes in. I've spent the last few weeks measuring plastic storage boxes to fit in the gap between the hutch and the shed wall but not having much luck as I'd have to be constantly replacing the boxed hay etc and that would be more hassle.
I've 2 very naughty bunnys I think... :lol:

Back