• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Change in bunny behaviour!? (sorry, long....ish!)

lou

Warren Scout
Recently Fudge's behaviour has changed. :? I have searched through old posts to try and find possible answers before writting this, although one criteria doesn't match in that Fudge has been spayed annd that was 9/10 months ago.
She has been getting quite aggressive towards, even when I'm giving her attention, sometimes this is when she is in her hutch so I understand this can be a terratorial thing, I am gentle and go down to her level, so's not to scare her. When she is out running around the landing and my bedroom she'll come up to me and nip and scratch me, she has lots of toys to play with. Sometimes this can be because she needs a wee and if so eventually hops off to her litter tray. I didnt' expect yesterday for for her to bite me on the side of the head when I put my head down for a bunny kiss, never done that before. I have also spent alot of time recently brushing her and pulling out tufts of fur due to a heavy moult, this may have annoeyed fer somewhat!? My mum thinks this behaviour is my fault, because I spoil her too much-one day she'll spend most of the day in the house and the next she'll spend most of the day in her hutch.Is this too cruel or confusing for her maybe? Fudge might be getting in a grump with me if she's thinks I'm ignoring her??? I do wish she was a house bunny and I'm happiest when she is with me and I'm sure she's happiest when she's with me. :D
Last night though she did something she hasn't done since before she was spayed and that was to keep mounting my arm :shock: and nip at it, so I wondered whether this kinda explained her recent behaviour?
She is a bunny living on her own and unfortunately has to stay that way as I'm not allowed anymore.
Any ideas appreciated, even if it's to tell me I'm being silly!!!! :oops: :?
I have read other posts and realise it may just be the way she is, suppose I just wondered if anything i could do or stop doing!? most of the time she is very loving and so sweet and her company and the responsibility of having a pet has done me the world of good.
Sorry if you all think I'm being daft, have a habit of getting paranoid and over sensitive and thinking every thing is my fault and i just don't want fudge to turn into some crazy bunny :twisted:

hi

You seem to have Fudge pretty well sussed out I think - she probably is wanting another bunny for company as she only sees you sometimes - she probably is confused by being in the house all day sometimes and then not others - You know what's best for her but you have to fit in with what your family allows - I guess that's just something you'll both have to live with :)

You could try getting her a soft toy for company in her hutch maybe - unless she eats it!?
She probably would be happier if she had a routine too, so try to get one that you can stick to every day - they do get so set in their ways...My bunnies basically have a run out and my company in the morning and in the evening, as they like to sleep all through the middle of the day, from about 11am - 4pm - and they sleep most of the night too. Maybe Fudge gets cranky if she misses her daytime sleep?
Also she's just trying to groom you and be the boss of you - you WILL submit and groom her - or else!! :shock:

You certainly sound like you're doing your best to me :)

There is one other thing you could check, when Zeus got mites he became really grumpy and wouldn't let me near him, he also snapped at me - I think it was the constant irritation from the mites. Just check her over for bald patches or patches with scurfy dandruff and the hair is snapped off half way down at the neck and base of the tail are common places.

It is just a thought and may not be the case.

Was it a proper bite or a nip? If she is mounting and nipping it does seem that she is trying to tell you she is boss and you have to groom her, she won't groom you!

Caz

Thanks for the replies :D

She probably would be happier if she had a routine too, so try to get one that you can stick to every day - they do get so set in their ways
That might be why she likes my dad so much :lol: :lol: :lol: something in common!!!!!
It's hard when I don't have a routine myself,but will try my best to give fudge a routine, cuz I know thats better for her.

when Zeus got mites he became really grumpy and wouldn't let me near him, he also snapped at me
Have noticed bald patches over the weekend, thought it was where i'd been pulling out her fluff from moulting but now I'm not so sure, the bald bit was slightly bigger than i would have expected it to be....will def have a closer inspecton later, thanks.

A bun pal might help?
Oh I really wish and dropping the biggest hints ever and explaing the plus points but parents just won't back down, not as though there isn't room!!!!!.....maybe when I'm settled a bit more, have a full time job and more money then maybe I'll give it another go :roll: :lol:

Elve - your bunnies are gorgeous (as are all the photos on this forum)!

Has there been a bunny name poll on this forum before? - I'd love to know what the most popular names are.

Mine are called; Loopy, Baby, Lolly, Pippy, Ella, Tickle and Lucky.

I think its really interesting how mums and dads choose their buns names x

Back