• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Has anyone got one of these?

Have a look through some of the old forums on here which do show a lot of wonderful things people have done with the cubes and the puppy pen idea. Another thought is to get a puppy crate and put a shelf in it for your bun to have a look out area to see what is going on in the houehold. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20745&item=4382015033&rd=1

The advantage with a puppy crate is that the puppy crate already has a floor wheras the others you need to put down additional flooring to protect your pre existing one.

They all can make wonderful indoor pen, particualry as their are lots of wonderful ideas people have on here.

Janice

Animal Rescue and Care

Janice

Animal Rescue and Care

If it is for the garden I should warn you that storage cubes will start to rust where the coating is removed. That galvanised mesh in the run pictured should work better. If it is for indoors the storage cubes have more flexability of design but that pen would work equally well.

Caz

Its for an indoor run as I live in a flat, im just getting some ideas at the moment. I have had a look at the previous posts about storage cubes and the designs are amazing!!! Space and money are a bit limited ( :oops: ) for me at the moment so a puppy crate is sort of out of the question as the ones ive seen are quite expensive.

I use mine inside and out. They're so versatile for everything really. You can use them to corner off unfriendly bunny areas inside and i use it outside attached to the run for more room. If you look on Rabbit Rehome they have a connection to a bigger one and they get money for it.

I might need another one soon so thanks for that site!!! You can use it on klino without another flooring under it and you could buy a pet carrier (£9.99) in pets at home for a hideout. Youll need one anyway. Then a litter tray and toys you can make cheaply. I put strips of wood joined with garden ties round the bottom to stop hay and stuff coning out
sciencebags067.jpg

Thanks for that photo! Looks like a great place for a bunny to live!

Elvis is currently 'free range' (sounds like a chicken!!) in the hall but theres a chance I might be getting another rabbit so im thinking of ideas as I dont fancy having two 'free range' while im at work......Elvis is golden but could be led astray by a little bunny friend....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: or, if they dont get on i need some where for the new bun to live while Elvis remains in the hall. I have a very large cage for the new bun (if i get him) for the time being but not as a permenant home.

I already have a pet carrier, toys and stuff, just the actual home i need to think about :shock: :lol:

Pens are definitely great and useful if they need to be seperated as you can just halve a room using it as a wall. Good luck

Back