• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

omg!!!

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
wood green had agreed to come do a home visit for me this week reguarding valentine, how exciting!!!! then if it goes ok, which it should i get to go collect her!!!!!!! feel a bit sad about flora though..

would you believe valentine was a supposed stray, yer right!!! i found her in the garden senerio. i have never seen a rabbit jsut sitting in my garden, i wished i had!!!!!!

eve x

:lol: :lol: , I knoe it would be great, a bun just found my house by accident, actually I might just find Bea in my garden if she doesn't stop attacking me (just kidding).

Good luck with the house check.

It does happen - we once found a white rabbit in our road. It took us and the neighbours weeks to catch him and one of the neighbours ended up keeping him.
Often bunnies escape from their garden and maybe people can't find them or think Mr Fox may have got them and may not think to check at a vets or a rescue centre. Also, people just throw them out when they are bored with them.
Does this mean that you are not now planning on having Flora even though you have reserved her?

excellent Eve bet you are thrilled, why did they bother to kick up that fuss in the first place..............fingers crossed then she is gorgeous :love:

Towsbuns said:
It does happen - we once found a white rabbit in our road. It took us and the neighbours weeks to catch him and one of the neighbours ended up keeping him.
Often bunnies escape from their garden and maybe people can't find them or think Mr Fox may have got them and may not think to check at a vets or a rescue centre. Also, people just throw them out when they are bored with them.
Does this mean that you are not now planning on having Flora even though you have reserved her?

oh thanks towsbuns dont make me feel guilty please, :oops: :oops: i am already beating myself up about flora, but was interested in valentine first but because they said they would not let her become an house rabbit because of their policys i enquired about flora instead , but complained to wood green about their policys and went to see flora instead, but then wood green, said they would be prepared to think about letting her become an house rabbit.

i could take flora as well but it would mean getting her a partner and wanting one rabbit will turn into three extra, my o/h would have a fit!!!

so now i have a choice take valentine or flora, and i think i will let kymber decide then it will be fair and i wont feel so guilty :shock:

eve x

Thats great Eve. Shame they couldnt have thought about it before you saw Flora :roll: Let Kymber decide sounds like the best plan :D

Mikeymoo said:
Thats great Eve. Shame they couldnt have thought about it before you saw Flora :roll: Let Kymber decide sounds like the best plan :D

i know lindsey know i feel bad!! but i think the best option is too let kymber decide, then it wont be my fault, i was just giving the option :shock: :oops: :lol:

eve x

thats great news Bunnylove.
My sister found a little pet rabbit in her road a while ago.. she caught it fairly easily and took it to the local RSPCA centre. It happens.. guess rabbits either escape or are released sometimes.

That's how/why we have Buggsy, I shall dig out the pics Nath took and find the link to the story......

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=121

th_Buggsyontherun.jpg

th_Buggsyontherun2.jpg

great story kara, lucky nathan got to him first and not mr fox!!!!

i can well imagine some rabbits excaping or being chucked out, but also can imagine the majority of so called strays are people just taking them to the rescue centres saying their strays when they no longer want them!

for true strays i wonder how long they can survive without mr fox getting to them first?

eve x

Around here I wouod say not long re mr fox as we quite often hear baby foxes crying for their mummy.

Not long after finding Buggsy we spied quite a few times another nethie roaming our garden......beautiful black bunny. Unfortunatley we never managed to catch 'it'

:cry:

foxes scare me!!! i thought i lost kymber (luckly he was hiding in the dollys house) :oops: :oops:

but i was panicing hunting up and down the street!!!!

Back