• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

3-in-1 vaccination

weedug

Mama Doe
Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else, but I read that there will be a new 3-in-1 vaccination available in the U.K. in the next few weeks, to cover myxomatosis, VHD and RHD2, given once a year. Has anyone else heard anything?

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else, but I read that there will be a new 3-in-1 vaccination available in the U.K. in the next few weeks, to cover myxomatosis, VHD and RHD2, given once a year. Has anyone else heard anything?

I asked my vets a few weeks ago and they said they didn't expect it would be available in the UK until at least autumn. (I have had the two vaccinations done as a result!) I had read that mainland Europe were getting it in spring.

That’s a shame. Maybe the person got confused with when it’s available in Europe. Good to know there’s one coming though

That’s a shame. Maybe the person got confused with when it’s available in Europe. Good to know there’s one coming though

I can't guarantee the information I got was correct, it was "I don't know but I'm going to find out because if you have asked then other people will be asking", so it might suddenly appear unexpectedly.

https://www.msd-animal-health-hub.co.uk/Products/Nobivac-MyxoRHD-PLUS

U/D -Just spoken with MSD Animal Health and they informed me that the Vaccine will be available for Vets to order from the beginning of May 2020, ie Friday of this week :D

Ah! Atticus and Clementine are due their mixi and rhd1 vac end of May - but they don't have rhd2 vac til Xmas.. So end of May if my Vet has it, could I just get the new combined 3 in 1 vac? Or would that be too much rhd2 too soon? (you can have that every 6 months so should be okay?)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Ah! Atticus and Clementine are due their mixi and rhd1 vac end of May - but they don't have rhd2 vac til Xmas.. So end of May if my Vet has it, could I just get the new combined 3 in 1 vac? Or would that be too much rhd2 too soon? (you can have that every 6 months so should be okay?)

I would check with the Vet but I think it would be OK :)

Thanks for asking this question and Jane for the new information as I had 7 rabbits booked in for Filavac on Monday. Now I know about the new vaccine I might be able to swap 3 of them for the new vaccine as due myxomatosis vaccine in next few months (the other four have had it in the last couple of months).

thanks for the vacc update JJ

Thanks for asking this question and Jane for the new information as I had 7 rabbits booked in for Filavac on Monday. Now I know about the new vaccine I might be able to swap 3 of them for the new vaccine as due myxomatosis vaccine in next few months (the other four have had it in the last couple of months).

I'm wondering whether to delay JB&M a couple of weeks now. BB will you be getting update from CL on how they are playing this & if so will you let me know pretty please?

I'm wondering whether to delay JB&M a couple of weeks now. BB will you be getting update from CL on how they are playing this & if so will you let me know pretty please?

Will do. The person who answered the phone (I think Lauren) said they would "ask Lise (re ordering) and phone me back".

That’s great that it should be available soon. I’m hoping to get some little bunny friends again sometime soon, which was why I was interested. Life isn’t the same with no furry friends!

That’s great that it should be available soon. I’m hoping to get some little bunny friends again sometime soon, which was why I was interested. Life isn’t the same with no furry friends!

I was hoping this was the reason you asked:love:

I would check with the Vet but I think it would be OK :)

Yea I'll definitely ask, it's just bad timing I might not get to speak to or ask my normal vet etc plus it's literally a couple days before my due date, terrifying to think I could have already had the baby then tho... Taking buns and the baby to the vets seems like a ridiculous task [emoji38] too many different carriers!

Yea I'll definitely ask, it's just bad timing I might not get to speak to or ask my normal vet etc plus it's literally a couple days before my due date, terrifying to think I could have already had the baby then tho... Taking buns and the baby to the vets seems like a ridiculous task [emoji38] too many different carriers!

At least you wont need to take the Bunnies with you when you take Baby to have her immunisations !! :lol:

They won't be ordering any until they have used up their current stock of vaccines. Fair enough, I guess, as having thought it through, 7 Filavacs have been reserved for me for about six weeks now, I was taking the pee expecting the new vaccine. The timing is unfortunate though.

Obviously, in your case, you want to know how soon they will run out of Nobivac rather than Filavac, so that may be sooner.

Last edited:
They won't be ordering any until they have used up their current stock of vaccines. Fair enough, I guess, as having thought it through, 7 Filavacs have been reserved for me for about six weeks now, I was taking the pee expecting the new vaccine. The timing is unfortunate though.

Obviously, in your case, you want to know how soon they will run out of Nobivac rather than Filavac, so that may be sooner.

Thanks. Don't think I'll chance waiting for them to run out, could take ages I guess, especially if not everyone knows vets are doing vaccs now

Back