• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit boarding Hertfordshire

Hi :wave:
I am looking for recommendations for pet boarding for my 2 rabbits, who are not a bonded pair. One is an outdoor and the other a house rabbit.
Suggestions for good places / places to avoid would be appreciated,
Thanks

Another vote for rabbit residence rescue in Royston.
I also use Bunny Boarders in Ely but may be too far for you.

Avoid Farmyard Funworld in Watford/Bushey.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Avoid Fairbrother Farm in St Albans at all costs. Earlier this year (summer) my lovely bunny boarded there, managed to escape and have a fight with another resident, resulting in a chunk of his ear being bitten off. The boarders neglected to tell me this had happened despite me asking how he was, if he had settled in etc. They did not take him to the vets. He went into shock from the fight, I only found out the morning I went to pick him up, when I saw my normally very hyper energetic bunny was floppy, cold, couldn't sit up 😢. We rushed him straight to the vets where he received emergency care, but he went to the bridge less than two hours after he arrived at the vets. Miss my Bean :(

Don't want anyone to ever have to go through this. There are some lovely boarders out there xxxx

Avoid Fairbrother Farm in St Albans at all costs. Earlier this year (summer) my lovely bunny boarded there, managed to escape and have a fight with another resident, resulting in a chunk of his ear being bitten off. The boarders neglected to tell me this had happened despite me asking how he was, if he had settled in etc. They did not take him to the vets. He went into shock from the fight, I only found out the morning I went to pick him up, when I saw my normally very hyper energetic bunny was floppy, cold, couldn't sit up ��. We rushed him straight to the vets where he received emergency care, but he went to the bridge less than two hours after he arrived at the vets. Miss my Bean :(

Don't want anyone to ever have to go through this. There are some lovely boarders out there xxxx

Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Hugs.

Oh this is aweful I'm so very sorry and angry. I would certainly report to rspca, local newspaper and also spread the word if they have a facebook link. Thats just unacceptable 😢

Id use the rabbit residence. They have a superb exotics rabbit vet if an emergency occured. The vet is ian cope who has just opened his own practice through vets4pets based at the newmarket pets at home. Annoyingly its linked but he is brilliant. They use a out of hours service, so dont think he is there for that but I'm sure hed not use them if he was in doubt.

Back