• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Any spare vibes for Bailey?

Ruthyjones89

Mama Doe
Hi all,

If possible can I please be cheeky and ask for some of your famous vibes for my little Bailey. Last night he ate his tea fine but shortly after turned his nose up at his treat. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, and left him checking on him through the night. This morning, he still hadn't touched his herbs, so I booked a vets appointment. Got his carrier out, and placed him on his litter tray before placing him in. But Sod's law, the little monkey started munching and did a huge pile of very small poos. After calling the vet, they said to give him some meds I currently had here and to monitor him. Since he's eaten his herbs, fenugreek and munched on hay but not keen on his pellets. He's also continued to pass very small poos, so I'm not overly worried yet, but everytime I seem to threaten him with taking him to the vets, he will happily hop around and nudge me! Obviously pointing out that he doesn't need to go.

So although he's munching on bits, he's no where near himself and generally quiet. Personally I think it's probably his gut as he's still moulting & had a few stringy poos today, so I'm going carry on with the meds at home but of course will take him straight down the vets if he starts showing signs of being in pain & discomfort.. Ugh what a worry!!!

Any vibes to help him get back to his cheeky self is really appreciated! Xxx

I hope that he'll be feeling 100% better by tomorrow morning. If you can get him to take some fluids on board that should help re-hydrate his gut contents xx

Hi all,

If possible can I please be cheeky and ask for some of your famous vibes for my little Bailey. Last night he ate his tea fine but shortly after turned his nose up at his treat. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, and left him checking on him through the night. This morning, he still hadn't touched his herbs, so I booked a vets appointment. Got his carrier out, and placed him on his litter tray before placing him in. But Sod's law, the little monkey started munching and did a huge pile of very small poos. After calling the vet, they said to give him some meds I currently had here and to monitor him. Since he's eaten his herbs, fenugreek and munched on hay but not keen on his pellets. He's also continued to pass very small poos, so I'm not overly worried yet, but everytime I seem to threaten him with taking him to the vets, he will happily hop around and nudge me! Obviously pointing out that he doesn't need to go.

So although he's munching on bits, he's no where near himself and generally quiet. Personally I think it's probably his gut as he's still moulting & had a few stringy poos today, so I'm going carry on with the meds at home but of course will take him straight down the vets if he starts showing signs of being in pain & discomfort.. Ugh what a worry!!!

Any vibes to help him get back to his cheeky self is really appreciated! Xxx

Many many vibes for Bailey :love:

Do you have any infacol? Perhaps along with a tummy rub? Can't do any harm! Also, if you can syringe him some baby food, and perhaps some water or apple juice, it will hydrate him a little, as it's very warm here at the moment.

Good luck Ruth xx

Thanks so much everyone! Xx

Thanks Jane and mighty max.. I don't have any Infacol unfortunately, but I do have some Ella's kitchen in which I was going to give him later. I'm wetting herbs which he's eating fine but thank you, I'll also syringe him some water shortly as he'll be due some more Zantac soon.

Tummy wise, he's a nightmare and hates his tummy being touched, he's a very odd bun like that, won't even tolerate head rubs, instead loves being stroked down his back! But I can hear some really loud gurgling so guessing he's got some gas too poor baby. Anything else that can help it possibly? Or do you think I'm best taking him in?

I just don't want to stress him out as he is nibbling and passing poo, it's just so small!

Personally if it is just his pellets that he's not eating (and these presumably are a small part of his diet) I would not give him any supplementary feeding, as I would prefer him to eat herbs and hay. Syringing water would be beneficial too. Maybe it's his teeth?

Unless he seems unwell in himself and in pain, I would not take him to the vets this evening. I presume the meds you have been advised to give him are the same as those that would be given if you took him in. You know your rabbit best, but I know if it were me with my rabbits, each of them would become so stressed at a car journey and vet examination, which would then lead to several hours of not eating on return.

I would certainly see how he is in the morning though and take him to your normal vets if he's still not right.

Sending lots of vibes for Bailey.

Hi Omi,

Well he's only picking, and eating no way as much as he normally would. He'll eat his herbs fine, hay he's only nibbling at and hasn't eaten much all day. Pellets wise, he only gets a quarter an egg cup daily so I'm not worried about them. It's the fact the amount of food he has eaten is only a small amount and with the small poos I'm worried that his gut is slowing down. I keep offering him fresh herbs and odd bits of veg which he will nibble on but I don't want him eating too much fresh as otherwise he'll have loose poo.

Yeah I'm like you and don't want to stress him out, unless I really need to! But I'm just worried as his tummy is making all sorts of noises and to be fair his wee is so dark. Poor little man, I'm going keep giving him plenty of fluids and hopefully he'll perk up. He doesn't seem to be in a huge amount of pain as he's not grinding his teeth or sitting hunched, but when he lies down, it's like he can't get comfy! :(

Thanks so much everyone! Xx

Thanks Jane and mighty max.. I don't have any Infacol unfortunately, but I do have some Ella's kitchen in which I was going to give him later. I'm wetting herbs which he's eating fine but thank you, I'll also syringe him some water shortly as he'll be due some more Zantac soon.

Tummy wise, he's a nightmare and hates his tummy being touched, he's a very odd bun like that, won't even tolerate head rubs, instead loves being stroked down his back! But I can hear some really loud gurgling so guessing he's got some gas too poor baby. Anything else that can help it possibly? Or do you think I'm best taking him in?

I just don't want to stress him out as he is nibbling and passing poo, it's just so small!

Have you any Emperid that the vet said you could give him?

Hi Omi,

Well he's only picking, and eating no way as much as he normally would. He'll eat his herbs fine, hay he's only nibbling at and hasn't eaten much all day. Pellets wise, he only gets a quarter an egg cup daily so I'm not worried about them. It's the fact the amount of food he has eaten is only a small amount and with the small poos I'm worried that his gut is slowing down. I keep offering him fresh herbs and odd bits of veg which he will nibble on but I don't want him eating too much fresh as otherwise he'll have loose poo.

Yeah I'm like you and don't want to stress him out, unless I really need to! But I'm just worried as his tummy is making all sorts of noises and to be fair his wee is so dark. Poor little man, I'm going keep giving him plenty of fluids and hopefully he'll perk up. He doesn't seem to be in a huge amount of pain as he's not grinding his teeth or sitting hunched, but when he lies down, it's like he can't get comfy! :(

I can understand your concern and only you really can assess how much he is actually eating and whether you need to supplement this. Would he eat pellets that have been soaked from a dish? I would make sure you continue with the fluids and any herbs or veg I would soak in water.

I would still not want to stress him with a vet visit if he is not visibly in pain and is still eating something regularly.

Thank you,

No I don't have any emprid mighty Max, but do have normal critical care. since having his Zantac and metacam earlier he's picked up and finally eaten his pellets. Also eaten some more herbs, bit of broccoli, some apple tree leaves and a parsnip peeling. I've also raided my rabbit store and found some camomile hay which he's also having the odd nibble at so hopefully he'll be able to settle and have a more restful night.

I've also seen him wee twice, although only little ones so the fluids are passing through & poop wise are still very dark & slightly wet/sticky but fully formed. Hopefully his little tummy will settle down soon xxx

Back