• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Basil and Godfrey.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
It looks like Basil and Godfrey are bonded, it didn't take much, I think because Basil missed having a friend and Godfrey was desperate to get one.
There was a couple of days break in bonding because Basil had to get a dental on Tuesday, so they went back together today and we have 2 buddies who sit snuggled together in the litter tray and Basil was grooming Godfrey here.
We will leave them together with regular checks and if all goes well tonight, they will remain together.

It's amazing when bonding goes well - I am always slightly suspicious that the buns are lulling me into a false sense of security though:)

We are devastated because after Basil and Godfrey becoming such good friends, Basil died under an anaesthetic on Monday having an abscess lanced.
He had dental issues and had a dental 3 weeks ago, on Sunday I noticed a lump on his cheek and had him admitted the next day to check it out. He died while he was under.
Poor Godfrey is looking very lost, we have been holding 3 girls for rehoming, so I'm going to see if any of them get on with him.
Absolutely heart broken about our golden boy. 😞

I'm sorry you have lost Basil [emoji22] it sounds like it had been an easy bond and they were happy together
Hopefully one of the girlys will be suitable

I am so sorry :cry: It's horrible to lose rabbits under anaesthetic. I hope you find a new friend for Godfrey.

We are devastated because after Basil and Godfrey becoming such good friends, Basil died under an anaesthetic on Monday having an abscess lanced.
He had dental issues and had a dental 3 weeks ago, on Sunday I noticed a lump on his cheek and had him admitted the next day to check it out. He died while he was under.
Poor Godfrey is looking very lost, we have been holding 3 girls for rehoming, so I'm going to see if any of them get on with him.
Absolutely heart broken about our golden boy. 😞

Oh no, I'm so sorry! That must be a great shock and awful for Godfrey.

Vibes for the poor little lad and I hope he gets some company soon x

Back