• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quick post-spay bedding question!

walsh366

Young Bun
Hiya

Molly was spayed last Tuesday. She had an indoor enclosure with blanket/towels on a flat bed Tuesday- Saturday. Vet said she coukd go back in her 2 storey outdoor hutch but on Back2nature small bedding.

It's now Tuesday again - when can she and Max go back to a straw/hay bed please? Wound all good - has her final vet check on Friday.

Cheers Sarah x

Now I would say. Glad she is doing well - not sure about the 2-tier hutch though? Maybe keep her on one level, I would for a few more days.

Molly seems fine it's a very long 6' cage and the ramp is very gentle with struts and my husband put a proper side on it so the rabs don't try to jump off the side before they get to the bottom. I'll change to hay and straw on Thursday am then thank you when I don't have to be at work til 10am. I could fiddle about with them all day.

The devils have been zooming about the garden when we let them roam yesterday - I think they were stir crazy after nearly a week in a 10' x 4' enclosure - but i do take on board your comment re being on the flat. If it was just one of them i would have kept her indoors but Maxy cant be separated from her x

Last edited:
As long as everything's healing good, I'm sure it's fine. We used puppy-pad things for my girls after their spays, but it wasn't long before they were just making themselves comfortable in a pile of hay while they ate. :lol:

Back