• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Excel pellets - Natures Blend!

Ruthyjones89

Mama Doe
Hi,

Was out having the usual nose around the pet shop today & came across these.. New excel pellets!

I'm quite interested in trying them, but just wondering what everyone thinks or has anyone already tried them?

Hi,

Was out having the usual nose around the pet shop today & came across these.. New excel pellets!

I'm quite interested in trying them, but just wondering what everyone thinks or has anyone already tried them?

I haven't tried these and thought that the description sounded quite appealing. However, if you compare the crude fibre content of these with Science Selective (which is what I currently feed), Science Selective is higher. Excel is 16.5% and SS is 25%. I think the rabbits might like the flavours in them.

These look interesting! We currently feed "normal" Excel, which is 19% fibre accoring to Tamsin's excellent comparison here. If the new ones are only 16.5% as Omi says, that's lower than the 18% Tamsin recommends :? I like the sound of the ingredients though!

That's weirdly low considering it's meant to be full of grasses and plants! Check the ingredients though, and no. 1 is wheat not grass. I wouldn't feed it at only 16.5% fibre. Lovely packaging though to temp you if you don't read the small print!

It's odd excel would come up with something lower fibre than their existing product, particularly as they plug fibre content in a lot of their marketing.

It would be better to go for the herb/dry plant mixes - all the tasty flavours but much healthier.

Wow.. I was considering getting a bag to try out when I saw the voucher for them in P@H's magazine. I didn't know the fibre content was so low :?
Very deceiving packaging. They make it look so 'natural'.
Think I'll stick with Fibafirst :p

Back