• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Haybox pellets has anyone tried?

Mervinius

Mama Doe
Hello,

Has anyone tried the haybox pellets? We moved Archie and Pip to Rosewoods Meadow Menu, because Beaphar Nature Rabbit got discontinued! Buns cabs tolerate excel and I am trying to avoid pellets with too much additives.

Both has been very poorly in the last 2 weeks, with bad gas. This is what they were like on the excel pellets. :( so I'm wondering if I need to find something else for them. They are also not very keen on them, they are mixed and I can see they are picking certain pellets up. More like with muesli.

Yes, I would try Fibafirst. Then maybe if they don't like them or they cause problems, I think I would consider no pellets, whilst making sure of course that they were maintaining their weight.

Yeah Joey, Boo & Mouse have tried them. They aren't mad for them like regular nuggets but acceptable I guess. They remind me of liquorice pieces

I havent tried fibrafirst. Pip hasn't got incisors so I think she struggle they are quite large aren't they?

They not have any fresh veg, so Wouldham and dried forage be enough?

Hmm maybe not the hay box ones then. I like they to be keen on them, cos it's easier to detect if they are going off their food

My bridge bun Scrappy also didn't have incisors and she managed to find a method for eating them. She would hold it in her mouth like a cigar and tap the end down on the floor to move it up to the molars. I always regret not taking a video of that because I thought it was very clever!

My bridge bun Scrappy also didn't have incisors and she managed to find a method for eating them. She would hold it in her mouth like a cigar and tap the end down on the floor to move it up to the molars. I always regret not taking a video of that because I thought it was very clever!

:love: they are sort of crumbly so Pip might manage them fine anyway. They will send samples if you ask, might be worth a try.

OK thanks I'll take a look. Yeah Pip is very determined to eat anything. I've tried multiple times to assist her with larger leaves, but its like fighting a pitball. Once it's in her mouth, it does come back out. It's hilarious I'm not stronger than a netherland dwarf.

Back