• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits fighting urgent advise please

Lemonlips

New Kit
Oh what a day, if some of you have read my earlier posts you will know I have three girls,one of them is poorly with a infection down below, well my top bunny Ruby has been attacking her so I separated Ruby in the evening away from the other two,well I let them all out today and Ruby has ferociously attacked poor Holly and bite her ear and ripped her eye, we have just got back from the vet again and been given pain relief and asked to bring her back in the morning to have her eye stitched, they did say it could be glued but they really didn't want to do it, obviously gluing the eye would be a lot cheaper, has anyone ever came across this please, I feel so awful for Holly I haven't had her long as she was a rescue , and I feel such anger towards Ruby :evil:

awww cant really advise but i hope holly recovers fast. it can be hard not to feel anger but that might be the only way she knows how to communicate how she feels towards ruby and doesnt realise shes poorly. its awful seeing buns that dont get along. i suppose its like humans, we cant like everyone in the world. hope things get better for you soon. xxxx

Sending loads of vibes for poor Holly.

I hate to sound negative, but it really does seem that Ruby and Holly are not going to get on, certainly in the short term anyway. Perhaps keep them separate and wait a few weeks and then try again. I've no experience with bonding but I think that females are harder together than male/female or male/male.

Sending hugs for you too, it must be quite stressful.

Thank you girls, I always knew three girls would be hard work hence I was reluctant to take on Holly but I couldn't bear to see her shut away next door hence offering to take her, the bond was slow and I thought i had cracked it, it's since Holly become ill,that it's all gone down hill, I was told because she smells different and that would be why.
I have since checked Ruby and she has a cut on her face as well, my middle one Elsa is friends with both and is fine, I think permanent separate hutches and play times with sharing Elsa as a friend, such a shame and not ideal, just didn't know what best to do about Hollys eye, she is booked in for her op with stitches in the morning ��

Back