• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Valentine

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
My boyfriend got me this little girl yesterday :love: She was called Pepper but I renamed her Valentine, she was given to pets at home adoption with her cage mate Salt because they were fighting and the owner didn't want two cages so handed them both in. Salt was rehomed but Pepper was in for weeks, I'd seen her in their before and she was either curled up in a wooden toy or running in the wheel. We was allowed to take the wooden toy with us since she seems to like it, she's been running around in her wheel all day yesterday which I have since changed to a medium flying saucer once I found one in a shop.

I'm not sure if she is actually a she, but letting her settle in first before I start trying to get her used to me as she's so quick!

She will also be on all fitch bedding, I just thought some shavings might help get her used to a totally new bedding :)

Thank you, she is lovely :love: I'm going to buy some chinchilla sand for her as I think she'd love having a good roll, my hybrid Wellington used to love it as did Leonard my Syrian until he started using it as a litter tray and stopped bathing in it :lol:

Awww she is wonderful. I have two little roborovskis (in separate cages). They are such cute little things. Mine ADORE their sand baths.

Thank you :) I changed her wheel to a flying saucer but she is so quick when she slows down/stops she just flies straight off! She hit the side of the cage a couple of times so I've switched back to the old wheel, but she still spins all the way round in that for a while sometimes I'm worried she'll hurt herself! Does anyone elses robos do this and is there a wheel which might not do it?

My roborovskis each have the karlie wooden wheel from zooplus. It does get wee'd and poo'd on (a lot) but it is wonderfully silent and I have given both wheels a good few coats of cuprinol garden shades country cream.

They whizz round on them no problem at all.

Leonard my syrian has that wheel :) I'm not bothered by the wheel being noisy, just thought it can't be nice getting spun around it so may borrow Leonards wheel (clean it) and see if she does the same on that then will order one for her and Leonard can have his wheel back and she can wait for it come or see how she goes on the current wheels. Thanks, I never thought about trying one like Leonards

Back