• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Your weekly veggies

Julia25

Alpha Buck
What veggies do you feed your rabbit regular, i'm finding it hard to find 'affordable' veggies that i can feed my bun on a weekly basis. :roll:

What veggies do you feed weekly? :thumb:

Tesco do big bunches of fresh herbs which are good value as they last a good few days! I generally give my buns Kale, you can get a decent-sized bag for £1 from most Supermarkets.

I buy Asda herbs, they seem to be on a permanent 2 bunches for £1.50. Far more reasonable than sainsburys.

Pete also gets the occasional piece of carrot, but this isn't weekly!

Other than the occasional pot of herbs, I don't buy anything. My boys enjoy forage every day instead! I love collecting it, they love eating it, and it's completely free. :)

I buy my fruit and veg from ALDI. They're half the price of Sainsburys. My buns enjoy Sweetheart or pointed cabbage. They have kale, apples, celery, herbs and if I can get it, celeriac, they love that. I grow milk thistle and dandelion in pots.

My buns get allsorts, quite often they get the pre bagged stuff as I often get loads cheaper

I must be stingy with my buns, they hardly get any veggies!

Last night they got an apple branch each, tonight they will have some carrot tops and maybe a little bit of kale each, other nights they just get a big pile of treat hay or some dried mixed forage. Or just pick a load of grass for them! I prefer to try and make their diet as natural as possible, especially since Noah had a unexplained diarrhoea/impaction episode recently.

Hoping to go blackberry picking this weekend so will get a load of bramble leaves for them too :)

I'm still learning but my two get an apple between them chopped in small cubes and a few slices of cucumber chopped daily. They have a decent sized carrot between them every now and then, I heard carrots had quite a high sugar content so to limit. I haven't tried anything else with them. I do want to try broccoli and kale as have heard buns really enjoy these.

In regards to kale .... can it be any as have seen kale and curly kale??

All kale is good! Spring greens are good too.

Today my boys have enjoyed apple, hawthorn and beech twigs, bramble, dandelion, vetch, plantain, carrot tops, ground elder, sweet woodruff, and grass. Cost? A walk round the garden with the secateurs and a couple of tiny scratches from not being careful enough with the brambles!

I know I'm really lucky to have so many lovely plants in the garden, but I do love a forage-collecting walk in the woods too. :)

bisc only has fresh thyme so we get a few pots of that each week. occasionally he has a few coriander stems aswell.

Last night we had a bag of beetroot salad, a handful of spinach, a bag of basil, four huge leaves of romaine lettuce and a tub of cress. two bunnies :)

I give mine loads of veg, usually 5-7 daily. I was spending £25-30 a week but now I've been collecting lots of fresh forage these past few months I've managed to reduce the bill quite a bit :)

Back