• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Stanley was Neutered Yesterday, u/D

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
Stanley is eating and pooping but I can only find a small wee. Should I be worried?

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry especially since he is eating and pooping. Maybe he weed somewhere where you haven't noticed. I would just keep an eye on him to see when he drinks. Doughnut doesn't drink during the day, it seems to be in the evening when she's had her muesli.

Is he drinking ? Also, have you checked his 'bits' to make sure all is OK ?

He hasn't drank much but he has eaten grass and Spring Greens. There was a tiny wee just before I locked up and no I haven't checked him - I haven't noticed him messing with anything and he's quite big and very nervous. I only got him on Monday, he was in a sort of birdcaage. Anyway he has his 2 day check in the morning, but normally they do quite a big wee after their op. I think I might do more damage if I tried to pick him up. He went a bit mad when his previous owner picked him up to put him in the carrier. I think Caroline the Vet will have to pick him up tomorrow. I think I will just pop out and check for a wee before it goes dark.

Just checked him but no wee. I am very concerned. The new Australian vet did the op but I've never had a problem before at this Vets. I think I'll give the Vets another ring.

spoke to Kerry the Vet, she said it isn;t something they would be overly worried about. She is happy to see him but that means driving 15 miles along dark roads. She said he might have done a wee before he lef the Vets yesterday. so hopefully all will be ok.

Do you know if he made a lot of wee under normal circumstances before you got him? It is something I would monitor to be safe, but some of my bunnies drank and made more wee than others. Some make more concentrated, stronger smelling pee than others. I would worry if an individual had a sudden change from their own normal that could not be atributed to a change in weather or other factors.

Lopsy doesn't wee much and he didn't wee more than a trickle for 3-4 days post-snip: might be worth checking with previous? Best of wishes!

spoke to Kerry the Vet, she said it isn;t something they would be overly worried about. She is happy to see him but that means driving 15 miles along dark roads. She said he might have done a wee before he lef the Vets yesterday. so hopefully all will be ok.

I hope all is well ... I wouldn't want to do that drive if I didn't really have to :shock:

Phew! Sorry I couldn't update before now. Wwent out early to check Stanley and he had done a good wee and in his litter tray, so I came back inside to let everyone know, but no Internet. This was due to me being transferred from Talk-talk to Utility Warehouse. It should have happened on the 25 so they were a day late!

The computer man has just left as I couldn't figure the new router out etc :roll:

So Stanley was really nervy and Caroline had to put him down and he was checked from the rear end. She said he had taken a stitch out but she wasn't overly worried as it was (a name I am not familiar with) but she wants to check him again in a week's time. She said he is overweight, I thought he was, so some work to do there! He weighs approx 3.1/4 kilos. I am not sure if he is a DL or FL, he's apricot butterfly. So thanks everyone for your concern.

Phew! Sorry I couldn't update before now. Wwent out early to check Stanley and he had done a good wee and in his litter tray, so I came back inside to let everyone know, but no Internet. This was due to me being transferred from Talk-talk to Utility Warehouse. It should have happened on the 25 so they were a day late!

The computer man has just left as I couldn't figure the new router out etc :roll:

So Stanley was really nervy and Caroline had to put him down and he was checked from the rear end. She said he had taken a stitch out but she wasn't overly worried as it was (a name I am not familiar with) but she wants to check him again in a week's time. She said he is overweight, I thought he was, so some work to do there! He weighs approx 3.1/4 kilos. I am not sure if he is a DL or FL, he's apricot butterfly. So thanks everyone for your concern.

Thank you for your update tonibun :thumb:

Glad you got Stanley and your Internet sorted by the weekend!

Back