• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor pens?

Henry_Dixie

Young Bun
I'm thinking of creating an indoor pen for my bunnies. I'm hoping to put it in the space under the stairs. Can anyone recommend pens or panels that I can use?

Hi Henry_Dixie, I have an indoor Rabbit and set up. My original intention was to raise her as a house Rabbit however I felt I needed a secure area for bedtimes and for times when the house was empty ect. I am progressing all the time. I started with an indoor wire/plastic cage to now a Dog Crate. I purchased a Large playpen from P@H and built it around the cage so that the cage was in the enclosed area but I felt I was loosing some space that way and also litter training was not working, I wasn't keen on the doorway either tbh.

1 Before

2 After

3 Litter training is working now

With the Dog Crate the playpen nicely clips onto the sides of the dog crate and it also of similar height. she has lost some width space but she has gained in length. I have also limited certain things to trays ect rather than using the cage itself as the bed area. It is working so much better is so much easier to keep clean and i change the litter tray daily.

I am all very new to this too so I am learning as I go along. Also the Dog Crate was cheaper than the cage so I can advise that is a cheaper option.

xx

We used a spare 10ft by 3ft run panel for a door to a room, with a little adjustment, which works well.

Have you seen the under stairs enclosures on Pinterest? Some great ideas there :) I'd love to have done ours but the space was too difficult to sort, although would have a been a great base for a house bunny :thumb:

Back