• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wildies

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
Have only just got around to editing and uploading these, thought some might like to see :) There are some more at this link... (once you scroll past the people :p) https://www.flickr.com/photos/ejsw/sets/72157652265517190

We went to a place in Essex where there are hundreds of wildies, watching their behaviour in a natural habitat was really interesting. A fox came along a couple of times and there weren't that bothered by him unless he got a bit too close. Humans however... Well, humans in cars are ok, humans in cars that stop, they're a bit more dangerous and humans that get out of cars? RUN! Not particularly helpful for photography! :lol:

This little fella let me get quite close before running back to the undergrowth, the younger ones are much more trusting.

And this guy stayed very close to the car while we drove past slowly.

Thank You for sharing, your photography is brilliant. Love wildies! There are lots by us - I'm very lucky

How lovely, I still get a thrill seeing wildies when I'm out and about, just like when I was a child (daren't tell you how old I am now :oops:)

Fabulous photos !! What camera do you have ?

Still got my Canon 60D, used my 70-200mm lens which I got for portraits so had to crop these a bit. Got my eye on a lens which would be great for this, hopefully will be able to afford it for next time we go! They were binkying and chasing and all sorts when we were in the cabin but was just too far away for photos :(

Thank You for sharing, your photography is brilliant. Love wildies! There are lots by us - I'm very lucky

Thank you, the branch over the one itching his ear annoys me (perfectionist :oops: ) but am happy with the others!

How lovely, I still get a thrill seeing wildies when I'm out and about, just like when I was a child (daren't tell you how old I am now :oops:)

Me too! Was a lovely holiday, did nothing but watch bunnies!! :lol: oh and go in the hot tub ;)

Lovely photos :)

I get to see them on the grass verges at Birmingham Airport when I'm driving my Bus mostly in the early morn or late afternoons sometime they can be out in daylight :thumb: some don't bother running away even when the bus goes past I was watching one having a good wash right in the middle of the roundabout cool as you like on Saturday afternoon :D it was so cute :love:

Amazing photos, thanks for sharing them :D

I can't get photos that clear of friendly domestics, so I'm super impressed you got wildies that sharp and clear!

Thanks for sharing these they're really good. I had an early start last week (5am) and had to drive along country lanes to get to work. I was rewarded with the sight of half a dozen rabbits grazing along the way, what a treat :D

Aw, thank you for your kind words! :oops: I have plans for next time we go, we've chosen a different cabin, a bit closer to the undergrowth so I'm hoping to get more natural behaviour. I even saw one through the binoculars flopping on the road, right out in the open, amazing! Unfortunately way too far away for my lens :( We took a dusk drive through the grounds nearly every evening and there's just hundreds of them :love: but as soon as the car stops they leg it!

Such beautiful creatures :love:

These are amazing! Thanks for sharing!

For some reason, my favourite is the one having a good old ear scratch...

:love::love:

The ones at the Science Park aren't fussed as long as you're moving: either bike or walk, but as soon as you stop, they're off! The crows on Uni Park are exactly the same :D

Back