• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help! Need to find an affordable shed for a small garden

Jaffacake

Alpha Buck
I'm hopefully moving to London in September, but sadly bunnies can't come with me! I'll still get to see them when I visit (which will be lots!) but it just isn't fair to drag them around the country whilst I figure out what I am doing with my life.

They will be staying with my mum and 12 year old sister who are technically their owners too. However I do all bunny care unless I am away. Mum and sister are both vegetarian animal rights people too so I know they will be looked after, but I also know that they aren't as obsessed with the rabbits as I am which means they will be getting less attention. It will also take time for them to get used to letting the buns out at 7am...

So to give me peace of mind I want to buy the buns a shed before I move out. This will mean that even if they aren't let out first thing they have an enjoyable space to chill in. It would be cool if I could fit their 2 tier 6' hutch inside to give extra dimension to the shed, but if not I have an old 4' Hutch I could put in.

Criteria:
- more than 24 square feet
- we already have a shed in the garden and the garden is a small, family area so the shed can't 'take over' the garden or ruin our ability to enjoy the garden (or mum will vito it)
- rabbit friendly materials (obviously!)
- affordable price. I have saved up to move out and that's the money I'm siphoning off to buy a shed! £300 would be pushing it for me. As cheap (but still well made) as possible!

As it has to fit in with the garden and will be on the patio right next to the house I much prefer lower sheds. Really like the bike shed idea like this one: http://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co...c14960_23873&gclid=CLCMg_q-pcUCFTQatAodYk8AmQ

However that has no windows so no ventilation! Could you add ventilation to that? I am not very diy savvy!

Sorry for the long post :(

Thanks in advance for help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about a Playhouse. I think they do 5' x 5' ones. You would need a much bigger shed or playhouse to be able to fit a hutch in as well. Waltons do playhouses.

Back