• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you think poo colour matters?

Holhol

Alpha Buck
As the question says really! :)

Generally just wondering! Fergie had before his stasis this week big golden poos but since then they've darkened up. Not worried anymore though - they're nearly the size of my index finger nail and there's plenty of them!

Is colour that important? I'm being obsessive about getting them golden again :) he's eating plenty of hay (finally) so I'm hoping were back to normal soon!

What colour are your bunnies poo? :)

My bunnies all get a little bit of greens now, so that can darken their poo. Or third cut hay can do this also, I think because it is more like a grass.
Only two of them can eat oat hay, which leaves them with large poos that are a nice golden color.
But when I get some nice stalky timothy or orchard grass, my littlest bunny (Fiver-a minirex) can make bigger and more golden poos than my doe who is almost twice his size. They're almost as big as marbles! :shock:

I only see smallish and odd shaped/very dark colored poos when someone is having a stasis episode, moulting or needing a dental.

Poo colour generally reflects diet. Spenser gets some greens, and his main hay is Orchard Grass ... so his output is darker than the textbook golden poos I would like him to do! I think colour only really matters if there is a change, in which case it is worth keeping an eye on.

Back