• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winston being a cheeky bun bun

ImoT

Mama Doe
I spent ages making sure Winston wouldn't be able to get upstairs whilst he was adventuring in the hallway, turned my back for 2 seconds and this happened;
jdNfOImh.jpg

I'm sorry it's such poor quality but I wanted to get the photo quickly so I could go and stop him!

Then he gave me kisses to apologise for his behaviour;
qKhvuNph.jpg

Then he flopped;
zfh99z6h.jpg

Regarding stairs….do you let your buns free range up and down the stairs? I'm worried he will poke his head through the banisters and fall down or something! Or trip and fall down the stairs and hurt himself.

I was worried about this too, but our bun seemed to figure out about the banisters. She poked her head through (I stayed really close to her to stop her stepping off and into the drop) but she seemed to understand that she wouldn't be able to go through the banisters. After that she would look through the banisters but didn't try to step through. I guess it could be different for each rabbit though - so perhaps closely supervise until you can see what you bunny will do?

My rabbit Rupert is the only bunny I've had that has ever figured out stairs.

Benji used to be scared of them.. and Daisy never bothered either. I let Rupert go upstairs, he's never done himself any harm so far and we have bannisters. But I always supervise him when he is upstairs. And he is really good at hopping up and down the stairs! Never missed a step.

My two have the run of the house when I am at home, they are quite happy to use the stairs and like to have mini adventures coming down to see what is going on.

My bridge Bun Thumpa used to be up and down all the time and would come down to have a look when she heard visitors, just to check out who I was letting in.

My other two Bridge Buns, Malcolm and Lucky also used the stairs with no problems (They live upstairs in my office) and in fact Malcolm would come down to be with me in the sitting room and would go upstairs to use his litter tray and come back down agin, he was the perfect house Bun.

Oh that first photo made me smile, did he jump over the top ? Little imp :lol:

No he didn't jump over, the gate is pretty high and he's only little!! He managed to make a little gap in between the gate and the pillow case (which is full of hay)!

Okay I will definitely supervise him on the stairs to see what he's like on them. He would only be allowed upstairs when one of us is home so would never be completely unsupervised! I might not bother with the makeshift gate when he adventures into the hallway now though :)

My bunnies Frank and betty go upstairs and they do peer through the banisters but only to assess who is in 'their' lounge ! I have been trying to stop them go upstairs the last week as Betty's been unwell and I want to keep an eye on her but my bunny Frank also managed to conquer the stair gate haha
7f2d6812ab923287b91554b647ddf17a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My bunnies Frank and betty go upstairs and they do peer through the banisters but only to assess who is in 'their' lounge ! I have been trying to stop them go upstairs the last week as Betty's been unwell and I want to keep an eye on her but my bunny Frank also managed to conquer the stair gate haha
7f2d6812ab923287b91554b647ddf17a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aww so cute! I'm sorry one of your buns isn't well though! Maybe I should relax a bit about Winston going up the stairs.

Back