• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ludo is in stasis again

Hesperus

Warren Veteran
Same old story- no signs of anything wrong then suddenly he's in stasis. He was fine in the early hours but when we woke up he was ill, in pain and refusing all food.

Went to the emergency clinic straight away (thank goodness our vet is open Sunday!), he's had the usual painkillers and drugs, and the vet (as always) found nothing wrong.

As always I've managed to pester him into eating kale, dandelions and carrot tops. (His 'stasis foods' that seem to be more tempting then anything else.) No signs of wanting to eat anything else yet but at least he's hopping around a bit now, at half speed though, and carrot tops are better than nothing.

Taking him back to see our favourite vet at the practice tomorrow at 10am.

Please can he have vibes.

Poor Ludo ((((((((((heaps of vibes)))))))) I hope he is feeling better soon and that his vet visit goes well.
Although Mimzy has on again off again issues with kale and bladder sludge, I find it is one of the few things he will eat that keeps his gut ticking over. Hard to believe he can handle it as well as he does but if there isn't some of that leafy green coming at him at regular intervals, well he'll find his own solution by chewing his floor towels! :roll:

Sending (((((hugs)))) your way...such stressful creatures, our dear bunnies! xxxx

Thanks everyone.

I'm so tired and stressed from it all, I just want to go to bed, but can't yet as want to keep an eye on him until as late as possible!

Thanks everyone.

I'm so tired and stressed from it all, I just want to go to bed, but can't yet as want to keep an eye on him until as late as possible!

Oh gosh I know that feeling all too well :cry: I usually find out about a case of gas around about midnight when I am just turning in ...

Vibes for a swift recovery x

Back